• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Plus
  • Youtube
  • youtube

Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.
Natural Treatments for Tics and Tourette's - A Patient and Family Guide

Our helpful guide is a #1 bestselling book on tics and Tourette's. This 365-page book explains how to treat tics using natural and alternative therapies, from nutritional, behavioral and counseling therapies, EEG biofeedback, and homeopathy to bodywork, energy medicine, and Chinese medicine. This Book offers advice from medical experts, a common tic triggers checklist, inspirational family stories, practical worksheets, and takeaway tips for the help that you need. Learn more

ACN Latitudes Premium Membership

Photo
- - - - -

How effective is ionic foot bath for detox?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 flower

flower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:22 AM

Has anyone tried ionic foot bath? I am thinking of getting a kit because it sounds effective but was wondering if anyone's actually used it and if they feel any difference after using it for a while.

#2 Sydsmom

Sydsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:28 PM

We used the foot baths a few times. We didn't end up sticking with it though. My aunt who talks with a lot of parents in the autism field said that some of the parents who did chelation and baths said the baths ended up helping bring the last of it all out and saw changes. I liked when we were doing them (I did them too) but had to pay for each treatment and chose tutoring over the foot baths. Let us know if you try them.

Lisa

#3 flower

flower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:43 PM

Lisa,

Thank you for your response. I am considering buying the kit though it's quite expensive... and thought I'd check what people say about it first to make sure I get my money's worth! :D

If I do buy it (which may not be for another month or two or three ... it wasn't in my budget!), I will let you know. The thing is, I have not tested for yeast or heavy metal so I don't know if those things are the cause for my vocal tics. But this seems to cleanse you of all sorts of things so ... i thought it can't do any harm to me and worst case (even if it does not help me with my tics), it'll still do good for me. I hope to hear from more people re their experience w/ ionic foot bath detox (pros/cons) before i make a decision.

Thank you again.

#4 patty

patty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:24 PM

Lisa,

Thank you for your response. I am considering buying the kit though it's quite expensive... and thought I'd check what people say about it first to make sure I get my money's worth! :D

If I do buy it (which may not be for another month or two or three ... it wasn't in my budget!), I will let you know. The thing is, I have not tested for yeast or heavy metal so I don't know if those things are the cause for my vocal tics. But this seems to cleanse you of all sorts of things so ... i thought it can't do any harm to me and worst case (even if it does not help me with my tics), it'll still do good for me. I hope to hear from more people re their experience w/ ionic foot bath detox (pros/cons) before i make a decision.

Thank you again.

Is it similiar to the Epsom Salt Bath? Please elaborate.

thx!

Patty

#5 flower

flower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:05 PM

I think it has stronger effect than soaking in epsom salt bath (which I do almost every night for 20-30 minutes). I am not good at explaining, so I am going to paste a link to the site that carries this product. I don't even know if this is a good brand or not, because there seems to be various manufacturers making similar product. But just to give you an idea...

http://www.ionicfootbath.com/

Also excerpt from the site: "An ion is a charged atom or molecule that has gained or lost an electron, thus creating an electro-magnetic field capable of neutralizing oppositely-charged particles such as toxins in the human body. The ions produced by the Ionic Spa create a gentle vibration that aids the release of unwanted toxin particles through the pores on the sole of the foot. There are over 2,000 pores on each foot! ion producing technology has been around for several decades, but the secret to its successful use in body detoxification is the production of positive and negative ions in the same treatment."

My friend just ordered a similar product - she does not have tourette or any particular health problem but she's a very health-conscious person and so she got it to maintain her health. She happened to tell me about it over the weekend and made me look into it.

#6 Claire

Claire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:04 AM

Hi Flower,

BATH SOAKS
How completely coincidentally. This is a new area I have just been investigating and experimenting with. I just started energy/ionic soaks 3 days ago (2x for me now, 1x for my son), based on my neighbor's recommendation. She has toxic metals (inc. mercury) and yeast and been through many of the same detox programs and testing as my son and me, but usually a few months ahead of us. Her doctor recommended the ionic baths. I figured no harm except wasted $$. Since I just had my 2nd one tonight I can give some limited feedback.

1. We did the entire body soak. The skin is wonderful excretory organ, and to me, have the whole body involved was better than just the feet (more on the feet later). THis is the one I use, and it is SUPER expensive. $100 for 32 oz, which is about 5 baths, so $20/bath.

explanation:
http://www.herbtime....odySoaksDNR.htm

The product:
COF-130EX Body Soak 32 fl.oz. Stock No. COF-130EX
Cleansing - Balance - Toxins - Metals - Chemicals (Releasing)

The liquid is colorless and clear with charged particles of water, poatsssium, magnesium, sulphate and calcium.

2. Results

-My neighbor Said her bath gave off a foul smell as she bathed, and the water got this orangish color.

-Me: Bath 1. The whole bathroom smelled like chlorine when I was done! Plus some yellowish stuff sort of settled to the bottom of the tub. Both my husband and son confirmed it smelled like chlorine when I asked them after I was out. Bath 2. Mild chlorine smell, same yellow sediment (I showered and washed my hair first also). Both times my skin felts super tacky.

-My son. No detectable odor, but yellowish sediment at the bottom. (He showered and washed his hair first also). My son has been having minor pimple breakouts this school year (not bad)...just a slightly gritty look. Today I though his skin hasn't looked this clear all school year...didn't expect that. But he doesn't want to do it again, darn! Just the teen attitude, he won't even let me pay him to do it. Well, I will try again soon.

So, I don't know WHAT it is pulling, but unlike epsom salt baths, we could visibility see something.

FOOT PADS

So my neighbor is doing this also, and I bought some. Kinotakara brand, which she says is the best. I have mixed feelings about these. Sooo...it looks like it is pulling something, and I was so excited. Then I soaked a clean one in our super R.O. and carbon filtered water and after 12 hours, it looked very very similar to what I pulled off my foot. In other words, liquid alone brings out that color. So you are back to a leap of faith, which I don't like. Doctor's Data charges $300 to analyze a pad, but ....

edited: you can send them to the company to send to a lab for analysis for $35. Still investigating this one.

Claire

#7 flower

flower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:33 AM

Claire,

Thank you for your report! I am a little skeptic re foot PADS. If you have that stuck in the back of your feet while asleep, your feet will perspire and .... I felt that that was partly the cause of the pad changing color and getting all brown and wet. Of course it may be doing its thing but it was not real convincing to me. What I really want to see is what you saw in bath soak - or the ionic foot spa that my friend got where the water color changes as you are soaking in it and the color being different depending on what's coming out.

The bath soak looks quite expensive but I am going to look into the link you posted more carefully later.

Thank you again!

#8 Claire

Claire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:37 PM

see below

#9 Claire

Claire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:10 PM

I edited my post above, because I found out that the Kinotakara source will send the pad to a lab to analyze what it pulled for only $35. They don't tell you how much, but that is fine.

I will let you know what I find out.

Claire

#10 flower

flower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:42 AM

Re ionic foot bath, I was surfing the web and came upon these sites:

http://curezone.com/...fm.asp?i=567464

Many say it does not do what it claims to do and so I do not think I will buy it... if it was something inexpensive, I may still get it just to try it out but too costly to do that.

Should have done my research before posting and asking everyone...!

#11 Claire

Claire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:58 AM

Flower,

I am on my 2nd bottle and just took my 6th bath. For the first time my skin wasn't 'tacky' and the water wasn't yellow. I take that as a sign of improvement. I will move to once every 2 weeks or once a month now to see how often is needed to maintain where there is evidence of removal discolored water. (too expensive to do otherwise)

No symptoms to comment on, and my son wouldn't do a second one.

I haven't gotten the footpad test results back yet, but will keep you posted.

Claire

#12 jeannette

jeannette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:28 PM

Yes, I have tried the Ionic Footbath. Actually I own one. I was very impressed with the Ionic when I was first introduced to it last year. Since then I have started developing educational programs around Ionic Footbath, Ionic Water, Ionic Clothing, Detoxification, Cleaning, Etc.

I know quite a bit about the Anatomy of the Ions, so let me know if you have any questions.

Regards, Jeannette
Global Touch Health Care Education

#13 pollybmc

pollybmc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:09 AM

My daughter and I went to a spa and had a detox foot bath. The color of her water and the color of mine were different. My water was yellow/green and then had orange and then blackish brown. I have joint problems (swelling and edema at the knee - after an ACL repair - and ankles), bladder & kidney problems and a fatty liver. My daughter turned almost immediately black with flecks floating in the water. The technician was a bit perplexed and told me that it was odd for someone so young to have such a reaction. She asked if my daughter had been exposed to heavy metals (I of course said no...but was wrong). My daughter just graduated from college with an electrical engineering degree. She said that while working in the lab she would use her TEETH to pull wires to straighten them! I could have brained her! It's bad enough to touch lead, but scraping it through your teeth! EeeGad.
I know there are folks out there trying to debunk the detox bath. I just know I felt better afterward. I understand that if you put the element into the water it can change colors, but that would be the reaction to whatever minerals can be found in the water you are using. I am wanting to buy an ionic bath, but just can't afford it right now, and going to the spa every week at $50 a pop is also too steep right now: I have to pay for GAS!!!
I really think I have so much more to detox so not sure how good I would feel afterward.

Anyway, the following is what I found on another website describing what the colors mean:

Yellow-Green -- Detoxifying from the kidney, bladder, urinary tract, female/prostate area.
Orange -- Detoxifying from joints
Brown -- Detoxifying from liver, tobacco, cellular debris
Black -- Detoxifying from liver
Dark Green -- Detoxifying from the gallbladder
White foam -- Lymphatic system
White cheese-like particles -- Most likely yeast
Black flecks -- Heavy metals
Red flecks -- Blood clot material

#14 KellyKM

KellyKM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:07 AM

Yes, I have tried the Ionic Footbath. Actually I own one. I was very impressed with the Ionic when I was first introduced to it last year. Since then I have started developing educational programs around Ionic Footbath, Ionic Water, Ionic Clothing, Detoxification, Cleaning, Etc.

I know quite a bit about the Anatomy of the Ions, so let me know if you have any questions.

Regards, Jeannette

- - - - - - - -

Hi Jeannette,
I was introduced to an Ionic Foot Spa a couple of weeks ago. I was shocked at the color and content of the water following 30 short minutes. Eight of us were doing it at the same time, I noticed everyones results in the room varied.
I've since since discovered the Ionic on eBay at a discounted price and I purchased a system including a FIR belt. Upon arrival I was excited and attempted to use it immediately... unfortunately, after reading the instructions from front to back cover we were unable to make it operate. I've since spoken to the seller; who is not a user. However, he suggested some helpful tips. We hope to "use" it this evening. Otherwise, it's under warranty and the seller said he would exchange it for a new system.
May I ask, what kind of results have you experienced with your Ionic?
Thank you for your time,
KellyKM B)

#15 KellyKM

KellyKM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:09 AM

Regards, Jeannette

- - - - - - - -

Hi Jeannette,
I was introduced to an Ionic Foot Spa a couple of weeks ago. I was shocked at the color and content of the water following 30 short minutes. Interestly enough, I noticed everyones results varied.
I've since since discovered the Ionic on eBay at a discounted price and I purchased a system including a FIR belt. Upon arrival I was excited and attempted to use it immediately... unfortunately, after reading the instructions from front to back cover we were unable to make it operate. I've since spoken to the seller; who is not a user. However, he suggested some helpful tips. We hope to "use" it this evening. Otherwise, it's under warranty and the seller said he would exchange it for a new system.
May I ask, what kind of results have you experienced with your Ionic?
Thank you for your time,
KellyKM B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users