• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Plus
  • Youtube
  • youtube

Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.
Natural Treatments for Tics and Tourette's - A Patient and Family Guide

Our helpful guide is a #1 bestselling book on tics and Tourette's. This 365-page book explains how to treat tics using natural and alternative therapies, from nutritional, behavioral and counseling therapies, EEG biofeedback, and homeopathy to bodywork, energy medicine, and Chinese medicine. This Book offers advice from medical experts, a common tic triggers checklist, inspirational family stories, practical worksheets, and takeaway tips for the help that you need. Learn more

Dr William Walsh Autism OCD PANDAS Depression and Methylation Article

ACN Latitudes Premium Membership

Photo
- - - - -

How To Give Natural Calm to Child Who Dislikes Taste?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 starlygirl

starlygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

I need suggestions on how to get Natural Calm (magnesium citrate) into a 4 year old who will not drink it mixed w/ OJ. I mixed 1/2 tsp into an entire glass of OJ, but he refused to drink any more after the first sip. I thought it tasted fine - a little "lemony", but he won't go for it. Any ideas on ways to mask it?

#2 cj60

cj60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

I used to give natural calm daily, and was fortunate. My son, who started taking it at @ 8.5, didn't mind it, partially, I think, because he was aware it was beneficial. I served it hot with honey, in the evening.

On a somewhat unrelated note, it took a while, but eventually I figured out that citrus juices (which I served him daily with his multivitamin) were problematic for my son.

Good luck!

#3 cinlou

cinlou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

My daughter took the Natural Calm in a shake I made every morning. She couldn't have oranges so I used strawberries and bananas because they are strong and mask the taste. It made a big difference. I take it daily too! Calms my restless leg symdrome.

#4 ilovedogs

ilovedogs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

My ds can't do citrus, either. For the natural calm, we used to serve it warm with some honey and he didn't balk at the taste. Honestly, I have a very compliant child though, so he would just suck it up and take it, LOL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users