ACN Latitudes Forums

Ehrlichiosis iGg and meds

Hi all. Was looking to get some opinions on this...

DD4 has sudden onset PANDAS back in October. We got into see Dr. B 6 weeks later in CT in December.

Her IgG showed ehrlichiosis. She also showed exposure to Rocky mountain spotted fever and typhus. We have since started seeing an LLMD. I just goit her results that RMSF and typhus were no longer detected. Her IgG for Ehrlichiosis has remained the same.

He said keep giving her the same medicines: Augmentin 600mg, 1 teaspoon 2x per day, Azithromycin, 1 teaspoon 1x per day, and A-Bart for suspected bartonella. We are working slow on that as she was dizzy after the second day. So, she is taking one drop every three days for 2 weeks.

Anyway, we did see Dr. B today for her 4th followup appointment. He asked how DD was. I said 90-95%. He tald me to discintinue the Azithromycin.

But I will talk to our LLMD first... I would think that if the numbers haven't changed, I should keep the dosage the same, yes?

LLMD said it would be alright to discontinue...

She has been on the azithromycin since the beginning on January, so 3 1/2 months.

Both said to call back if symptoms reappear and either will refill the azithromycin. She is currently still on Augmentin 600mg 2x per day and the A-bart.

I hope no symptoms return. But then again, she never really had the symptoms of Ehrlichiosis or RMSF...And if not I guess next step would be to retest her titers again in May with LLMD and again with Dr. B in February.

My DD has IGG+ for past Ehrlichiosis and IGM+ for active Anaplasmosis (in addition to Lyme and Mycoplasma and elevated strep titer). She was treated with Doxy for the first two, it is the only treatment for Anaplasmosis and I thought Ehrlichiosis as well, even in children. Please double check me on that. I have not read of Zithromax or Augmentin for Lyme or co-infections, but I am not an expert. I check Burrascano's guidelines any time I have a question. He goes into detail about the coinfections and treatments, and why different abx for which. The Doxy really seemed to make a difference. Good luck.