• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Plus
  • Youtube
  • youtube

Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.
Natural Treatments for Tics and Tourette's - A Patient and Family Guide

Our helpful guide is a #1 bestselling book on tics and Tourette's. This 365-page book explains how to treat tics using natural and alternative therapies, from nutritional, behavioral and counseling therapies, EEG biofeedback, and homeopathy to bodywork, energy medicine, and Chinese medicine. This Book offers advice from medical experts, a common tic triggers checklist, inspirational family stories, practical worksheets, and takeaway tips for the help that you need. Learn more

ACN Latitudes Premium Membership

Photo
- - - - -

Happy moment

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mar

mar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

I posted recently that dd has not worn jeans in over a year. Well my typical " it would be a lot easier to pick out an outfit if you could wear a pair of jeans". I went throught this with ds for over a year when he was 7-8. So seeing this in her broke my heart. She didn't like the felling and would just sit in front of her closet and cry. We did leggings and skirts for over a year. During this time I would have her pick her own clothes. I would mention the jeans issue every one in awhile. I knew ds got past it and was praying that she would. So Sunday morning I mentioned jeggings and she actually wore them. At the end of the day she said they didn't bother her and was happy. Monday morning I ask her to go get dressed and she comes out with a pair of jeans on and asking if they are floods. I was so amazed!! They were close to floods but i didn't care and she went to school. I worried on how she would feel during school but I think it went ok! Seeing the look on her face that night telling me that she did it and it didnt bother her was awesome! I know this may sound silly but my dd wore jeans!!!!

#2 chemar

chemar

Advanced Member

• Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

:)

When life brings you to your knees....you're in a good position to pray!

click here for: The Treatments that have Helped My Son

click here for the Helpful Threads on Tourette/Tics

* Focus on the light at the end of the tunnel.*

#3 Wombat140

Wombat140

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

:)
Doesn't sound silly at all, I know exactly what you mean - these things that sound like minor details, to anyone who doesn't know the story...

Edited by Wombat140, 25 April 2012 - 03:12 AM.

Born 1990. Always had slight Asperger's traits but got along fine. Severe OCD struck almost overnight in 2003. Varied randomly from month to month since then, almost gone once or twice, but never completely. Very bad indeed since spring 2012 and shows no signs of improving.

Symptoms: all sorts of things (written words, smells, things people say) mysteriously "will not do" and require a compulsion to be done before I can go on. No obsessions - in that way, and in physical nature, the rituals are almost like tics except that they're always a response to something particular. Extreme sensitivity to particular sounds, although that comes and goes over months.

Wondered if it might be PANDAS - in August 2012 I finally managed to locate a doctor who knows about it. Tried Azithromycin, co-amoxiclav (Augmentin) and tinidazole, but to no clear effect. No test results as yet - fluffed three attempts to get blood sample taken.

Have now been seeing homoeopath since summer 2013.  Results have been mixed, there have been definite improvements at times but they haven't lasted.  No luck at all for the last few months - in fact, since this month's remedy (Aug 2014) things are noticeably worse.

#4 trggirl

trggirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

That's wonderful!!!!! :)

#5 mom24

mom24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

I posted recently that dd has not worn jeans in over a year. Well my typical " it would be a lot easier to pick out an outfit if you could wear a pair of jeans". I went throught this with ds for over a year when he was 7-8. So seeing this in her broke my heart. She didn't like the felling and would just sit in front of her closet and cry. We did leggings and skirts for over a year. During this time I would have her pick her own clothes. I would mention the jeans issue every one in awhile. I knew ds got past it and was praying that she would. So Sunday morning I mentioned jeggings and she actually wore them. At the end of the day she said they didn't bother her and was happy. Monday morning I ask her to go get dressed and she comes out with a pair of jeans on and asking if they are floods. I was so amazed!! They were close to floods but i didn't care and she went to school. I worried on how she would feel during school but I think it went ok! Seeing the look on her face that night telling me that she did it and it didnt bother her was awesome! I know this may sound silly but my dd wore jeans!!!!

That is great!!!!! I remember when my son all of a sudden would not let anyone see his chest when he would swim. There would be no swimming without a swim shirt. We also went through the foot covered thing too . His feet were never bare unless immediate family was only in the house (don't ask). It broke our hearts. Then after he took prednisone for a few days he decided on his own that it was okay to be w/out a swim shirt. It was crazy, but I can't remember the last time I was so happy. Hurray for you and your son!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users