Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.

New eBook: Your Child Has Changed; Should You Consider PANDAS?

Have you seen the ACN Latitudes PANDAS eBook?  Our helpful book is a 37-page primer in a friendly question & answer format.  This eBook contains useful information to understand the symptoms of PANDAS, how it is diagnosed (including lab tests), the different types of treatments, approaches for prevention, and how to find the help and support that you need. Learn more

Photo
- - - - -

TIC TRIGGERS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 abbe

abbe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hey all,

So as I have stated and been posting lately I am new to this board but 4 years over on the tic board. I am just wrapping my head around the fact that my son may have Pandas due to the Myco. infection. We just took blood yesterday but Myco. has showed up on bloodwork from last week. My son has EVERY symptom except OCD. But when I say every symptom the white paper sounded like it was written for him. Here is my question . Do you (Pandas parents) find some things trigger your childs tics like allergies, chlorine, lights, video games??? I am asking because I know when Nick is in tic mode certain things really effect his tics and I was wondering does this NOT happen in Pandas kids????

#2 hugs2day

hugs2day

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

My older son ds9 primarily a ticcer does have triggers making tics worse like video games for sure, they are banned when in a flare, fantasy tv, yes to chlorine, artificial colors, allergies, stress, etc. But and this is a big but... he is now in remission with PennVK only 7 weeks (very hopeful and excited) and he is playing video games, eating what he wants, staying up late on weekends, etc. and no tics. So although those things are not causing the tics when in excaberation but they contribute to making matters worse.

Two boys with PANDAS sudden onset 3 weeks apart in 10/2010- DS10 and DS8.

#3 Fixit

Fixit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

My older son ds9 primarily a ticcer does have triggers making tics worse like video games for sure, they are banned when in a flare, fantasy tv, yes to chlorine, artificial colors, allergies, stress, etc. But and this is a big but... he is now in remission with PennVK only 7 weeks (very hopeful and excited) and he is playing video games, eating what he wants, staying up late on weekends, etc. and no tics. So although those things are not causing the tics when in excaberation but they contribute to making matters worse.

when ds not in excab...nothing makes him tic....
when in excab the above items do intensify them

I am a mom of ticcers only...for any doctors who might possibly remain open minded to the tic only children.

Edited by Fixit, 23 February 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#4 abbe

abbe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

This is how my son is. When he is not in tic mode he can do anything and while he is in tic mode things set him off. I do however always watch his diet.

abbe

#5 BoyIowa

BoyIowa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Some of the things that my ds does that I thought were tics, he does "because it makes me feel good" Or "because I have to" - that I realized is OCD.
Tracy - Midwest. Parent of 2 PANDAS kids. DS - 9, sick at 6 1/2, diagnosed at 8. DD - 5, diagnosed within 2 months at 5. Trying to find 'what works'.

#6 helpmyson78

helpmyson78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Helping my son, nature, birdwatching, being the best mom I can be !

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Great question !!! My son might have pandas, has a tic disorder and I feel the same way after reading all symtpoms of pandas, it hit me like a ton of bricks.
God gives me the strength to get thru this ! Son is almost 4 yrs old, going thru testing to see if an infection is causing neurological problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users