ACN Latitudes Forums

Does anyone else have nieces & nephews with PANS/PANDAS?

Lisa3

We have three children with PANS/PANDAS and see symptoms in some our nieces and nephews. Wondering how many of you see this in other family members? None of our kids had overnight onsets. All were gradual, only one went into a major flare.

My older sister had children who were grown before we discovered PANDAS / PANS. Looking back we both now realise that her children probably had PANDAS also. One of her grown kids now has a child that has symptoms. We are trying to convince the Mother to have titers done and talk to the physician. She isn't convinced. I see symptoms in several of my neices / nephews. You have to have lived with a PANS child to be able to recognize it so easily. I have lived with three. I know it when it raises its ugly head. :ph34r:

Dedee

I have two kids with pandas and highly suspect my nephew does as well. I can remember watching him and thinking what odd movements he made to do everything. I now realize he has choriform movements. He has rages and tantrums and has had strep many times brhe parents think he's the most perfect child on the earth so you can imagine how the suggestion of pandas went over.

My husbands sister, age 60, at age 18 went schizophrenic. My mother in-law tells stories about how mean her brother was to her when she was growing up and then there are the other family members that she refers to as "porch dwellers". More schizophrenia??? My mother in law is 87 and does not make connections to anything. However, I cant help but wonder about my husbands sister. When I prompt her about her daughters childhood, I get random stories about how Linda "used to be so fearful!!! She used to run under her bed and hide for hours for no reason at all!!" That reference along with others has me convinced that Linda had Pandas, but never treated....I mean for even common childhood diseases....This is a family that prides themselves on never going to the doctor....of course, they all think I am over the top and a hyper-chondriac with my kids...