• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Plus
  • Youtube
  • youtube

Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.
Special Offer: Free 1 Month Trial of our Premium Membership!

The ACN Latitudes Premium Membership provides instant access to over 125+ premium health articles on neurological conditions along with an exclusive premium newsletter. In addition, you will have several enhanced forum features, which include helpful perks such as: no advertisements, live chat room, forum blogging, increased messaging storage, and much more! Your Premium Membership also helps to support the efforts of our non-profit organization. Start Your Free Trial!

Photo
- - - - -

Migraines during flares?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rhyanen

rhyanen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:56 PM

Hi. My 16 year old ds seems to have migraines often at the beginning of his flares, which tend to subside as time goes on. Have any of you noticed this pattern in your children during flares?

#2 Wombat140

Wombat140

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:46 AM

I used to haev migraines and they stopped shortly before the PANDAS-like symptoms developed.  They've been reappearing recently though.  Which, of course, is all completely different and not a lot of help.

Born 1990. Always had slight Asperger's traits but got along fine. Severe OCD struck almost overnight in 2003. Varied randomly from month to month since then, almost gone once or twice, but never completely. Very bad indeed since spring 2012 and shows no signs of improving.

Symptoms: all sorts of things (written words, smells, things people say) mysteriously "will not do" and require a compulsion to be done before I can go on. No obsessions - in that way, and in physical nature, the rituals are almost like tics except that they're always a response to something particular. Extreme sensitivity to particular sounds, although that comes and goes over months.

August 2012: wondered if it might be PANS. Finally managed to locate PANS-literate doctor and tried Azithromycin, co-amoxiclav (Augmentin) and tinidazole, but to no clear effect. No tests done about that up till now.
Jul 2013-Aug 2014: Treatment by classical homoeopath. Definite improvements at times but they didn't last, & sometimes things got noticeably worse.
Oct 2014-Apr 2015: Treatment by different homoeopath using CEASE methods. Dosed (I now think) persistently too fast, adding more doses while I was actually still in full aggravation from last one - result, got steadily worse.
Jul 2015: Genetic results showed CBS +/- in 2 places, MTHFR C677T +/-, MTRR A66G +/-, MTRR A664A +/-, MAO-A +/+, COMT V158M +/+, COMT H62H +/+, VDR Taq +/-, VDR Bsm +/-. Tried CBS diet protocol and various supplements with baffling results.  Currently not on any special diet or supplements except calcium, magnesium and iron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users