ACN Latitudes Forums

Question about double ear infections

The funny sound my girl was hearing in eRs ended up being ear infections. Never had them before. Do for was surprise she had them since she was on bactrim and minocycline. My question is: what can I give other than Claritin, which he suggested? I am already putting drops in ear to break up wax. Anything else that you can suggest to help heal her?

I have helped my children with ear infections by using Thieves essential oil around the outside of their ears. Thieves is made by Young Living and can be ordered on line. It has the essential oils of cloves, cinnamon, lemon, eucalyptus and rosemary. These oils (especially the cloves) have strong antibacterial and anti viral properties. Will it cure the infection? It could. it has for us. We suffered greatly with ear infections.

If you get the oil, you should dilute it 1:1 in coconut or olive oil because its a "hot" oil. Then rub 3 to 5 drops around the outside of the ear. Make sure not to get any of it inside the ear canal.

Garlic oil drops can help with pain, if there is any.

Hope this helps.

My son was having similar issues. His doctor suggested that we put a drop of hydrogen peroxide in each ear after a bath. This really helps. I know because I do it too. :)

We have also had really good success with "Manuka Honey". I know it sounds funny but it works in the ears, nose, and throat. We make a 4 oz. jar of distilled water and add about a tsp. of the honey for ears and nose. I also add 1/2 tsp. to cooled tea (don't want to fry all that good stuff in it) during colds and coughs. Have a note to buy 35+ next time. There are different numbers on the jars. Our 8.75 oz. jar was about $35 but is lasting a long time and we use it frequently. It seems like the www.goodhealthguy.com is where I first learned about it.

Using a decongestant with guaifenesin (generally used as an expectorant) was one essential for us when our DS suffered from constant, recurrent ear infections at ages 2-3. It tastes bitter (even in the children's formulas like Robitussin, etc.), so we hid it as best we could in juice. But because it thins the mucus significantly, it can help the ears drain better and prevent the build-up of fluid in the ears from sitting there longer and harboring more and more infection.

Good luck!