ACN Latitudes Forums

Amazing Result! Unplugged Cordless / Wireless Lyme & tics

Hello,

I only post here occasionally (I should do more!), but I continue to find this forum, and all of your advice, to be invaluable.

I just wanted to post about a change we have made that has affected my daughter’s behavior quite dramatically (her background below). And I am curious to hear others experience’s / comments. (I will post on both Tourette’s and Pandas forums).

About 10 days ago I disconnected/unplugged our home cordless telephone system. I did this because sadly another friend of mine has developed terminal brain cancer and I decided to go back and use the “old fashioned” corded phones only (and severely limit cell use). We also only very occasionally turn on a wireless router. Anyway, after several days I realized that my daughter was no longer having her daily (or multi-times daily) rage and anger outbursts. I mean NONE. This has never happened, and it completely coincides with our unplugging the cordless phone (which she used to sit near in the kitchen area). She has been the most complacent and sweet natured kid EVERY DAY. I can not tell you how amazing this is. For myself and my husband, we can say we notice that we feel “better/calmer” in some slight way, but for my daughter the change has been dramatic.

I see that there have been a couple of other posts here about EMF (electromagnetic field) sensitivity, and I have been researching extensively since noticing a correlation. Apparently EMF creates an opening in the blood brain barrier. They disrupt neurocognitive functioning, disrupt neurotransmitters (serotonin etc.). People who are chemically sensitive are likewise more sensitive to EMFs.

Please let me know what your experiences may be.

Also, please consider unplugging your cordless phones, home wireless systems and turning off cell phones in the house for a few days and see what reactions your or your children have.

Thanks for reading!

[background---- my daughter is nearly 8yo. She’s had a long battle with lyme disease that’s left her with a propensity for tics and OCD. She goes through periods tic-free, but at other times they return to varying degrees. We’ve been on long term antibiotics, but are off now. She’s quite chemically sensitive, and we have great luck when we really watch her diet and limit as much toxic exposure as possible.]

Very interesting. I know that some people have posted that their kids have typically "fallen apart" when they've come home from school. There could be lots of explanations for this, but perhaps this is one of them?

Hello,

I only post here occasionally (I should do more!), but I continue to find this forum, and all of your advice, to be invaluable.

I just wanted to post about a change we have made that has affected my daughter’s behavior quite dramatically (her background below). And I am curious to hear others experience’s / comments. (I will post on both Tourette’s and Pandas forums).

About 10 days ago I disconnected/unplugged our home cordless telephone system. I did this because sadly another friend of mine has developed terminal brain cancer and I decided to go back and use the “old fashioned” corded phones only (and severely limit cell use). We also only very occasionally turn on a wireless router. Anyway, after several days I realized that my daughter was no longer having her daily (or multi-times daily) rage and anger outbursts. I mean NONE. This has never happened, and it completely coincides with our unplugging the cordless phone (which she used to sit near in the kitchen area). She has been the most complacent and sweet natured kid EVERY DAY. I can not tell you how amazing this is. For myself and my husband, we can say we notice that we feel “better/calmer” in some slight way, but for my daughter the change has been dramatic.

I see that there have been a couple of other posts here about EMF (electromagnetic field) sensitivity, and I have been researching extensively since noticing a correlation. Apparently EMF creates an opening in the blood brain barrier. They disrupt neurocognitive functioning, disrupt neurotransmitters (serotonin etc.). People who are chemically sensitive are likewise more sensitive to EMFs.

Also, please consider unplugging your cordless phones, home wireless systems and turning off cell phones in the house for a few days and see what reactions your or your children have.

Thanks for reading!

[background---- my daughter is nearly 8yo. She’s had a long battle with lyme disease that’s left her with a propensity for tics and OCD. She goes through periods tic-free, but at other times they return to varying degrees. We’ve been on long term antibiotics, but are off now. She’s quite chemically sensitive, and we have great luck when we really watch her diet and limit as much toxic exposure as possible.]

That is great news.....

along with that ...i read where they want to eleminate outlets in the house and everything will be cordless and run by magnets

i wonder what that will do...scares the slltlerl out of me

a friend of ours was pumping this magnetic bed thing...they tried it and we tried it and it gave all of us weird feelings and outrageous dreams/nightmares

and that was only after a couple of days

also isn't there concern about living too close to power stations????

and the other thing is these wireless waves are all around from satalite radio, mobile phones and ear pieces, computers blah blah blah

that is so interesting!

we don't have a home phone and only use our cell phones but he almost never talks on the phone.

the router is an interesting concept because we leaves ours on all the time.

i don't know much about EMF, though I've heard of people being sensitive. i've read about devices that supposedly neutralize them but i've always thought they seemed a little too "woo-woo". some people swear by wearing copper or wearing magnets in their shoes. i'm going to google it and see what i can find out!

that is so interesting!

we don't have a home phone and only use our cell phones but he almost never talks on the phone.

the router is an interesting concept because we leaves ours on all the time.

i don't know much about EMF, though I've heard of people being sensitive. i've read about devices that supposedly neutralize them but i've always thought they seemed a little too "woo-woo". some people swear by wearing copper or wearing magnets in their shoes. i'm going to google it and see what i can find out!

But if they are doing great at school and bad at home I would imagine its not just the wireless phones.Schools use tons of wireless devices.Computers,Intercom etc

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. I think EMF sensitivity is an issue that we will see increasingly referenced. I have learned so much in the past week! Here is a link to some articles that appeared on the Latitudes forum. It's a bit dated, but interesting.

http://www.latitudes.org/articles/electric...y_articles.html

Of particular interest to me is that EMFs create permeability in the blood brain barrier, and this in turn allows toxins a pathway to the brain. There are many articles studies out there that discuss the ramifications of this. My daughter is particularly sensitive to toxins, chemicals, etc (in food and environment), and these can be a trigger for her tics/ocd. For the past couple of years I have thought of her as our "canary in the coal mine" -- her behavior alerts us to those things that are not good for any of us. Perhaps the same is true of her EMF sensitivity.

Her initial problems with tics/ocd were triggered by lyme disease, and so it has been PANDAS-like in that it has been controlled by antibiotics. However, after spending nearly half of her short life on antibiotics, we are now off them at this time. Otherwise, the behavior can be triggered by toxins/chemicals (in food or environment). She is a super-sweet girl, but through it all we've never really found anything that works to eliminate her quick anger/rage tendancies until this accidental discovery.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. I think EMF sensitivity is an issue that we will see increasingly referenced. I have learned so much in the past week! Here is a link to some articles that appeared on the Latitudes forum. It's a bit dated, but interesting.

http://www.latitudes.org/articles/electric...y_articles.html

Of particular interest to me is that EMFs create permeability in the blood brain barrier, and this in turn allows toxins a pathway to the brain. There are many articles studies out there that discuss the ramifications of this. My daughter is particularly sensitive to toxins, chemicals, etc (in food and environment), and these can be a trigger for her tics/ocd. For the past couple of years I have thought of her as our "canary in the coal mine" -- her behavior alerts us to those things that are not good for any of us. Perhaps the same is true of her EMF sensitivity.

Her initial problems with tics/ocd were triggered by lyme disease, and so it has been PANDAS-like in that it has been controlled by antibiotics. However, after spending nearly half of her short life on antibiotics, we are now off them at this time. Otherwise, the behavior can be triggered by toxins/chemicals (in food or environment). She is a super-sweet girl, but through it all we've never really found anything that works to eliminate her quick anger/rage tendancies until this accidental discovery.

My daughter and I started our own study last night. My son saw me move his charging computer to the kitchen for the night, asked me why and rolled his eyes when I told him. I moved his charging cell phone across his bedroom (instead of on his nightstand). It was also turned off. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to unplug his tv/game system without it having to reprogram but it, too, is at the other end of his room. Otherwise, there is no other outlet in use and the dimmer switch on his ceiling fan is completely off. Anything unnecessary was unplugged last night, most of it remains unplugged this morning. He's on a new abx that is really better aimed at his particular infection so it might be that but I'll add that he's up today hours before he would normally be and hungrier than usual (both are good things for him!). Thanks so much for posting this and bringing your success to our attention!

Gat's mom

I already commented on this on the similar thread on the TS forum...but also wanted to add that it was recommended too that my son not sleep on a wire coil spring mattress because of the electromagnetic potential and so he sleeps on a futon (wood base, pure cotton and no metal at all in mattress)

he knows his sleep as well as his wake up mood is better since doing so

all electricity in his room is off/unplugged at night and he has a battery run night light

I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a feng shui consult? i was reading a few months back about geopathic faults causing some people to have problems. the reason i ask is because my son has never wanted to sleep in his room since we moved to this house. he'll sleep just about anywhere else if i let him. i've thought about having my two boys share my other son's room to see if it helps. we could use his room as an office/play room. DH is opposed because he feels he needs his own room so he has a private place to decompress when needed, which is a valid point. anyway, just wondering. i've thought about finding someone to come "read" the house just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Also wondering if anyone has read any of Annie Bond's books? She is extremely sensitive to toxins of all sorts and has written several books about having toxin free homes, including EMFs. Her website is www.anniebbond.com.

I've also noticed my son keeps unplugging the electric alarm clock i gave him for his 10th birthday. when i ask him why he just sort of shrugs. maybe he knows something subconsciously.

the LED lighting on digital clocks and dials is something that can also trigger stuff, just like fluorescent lighting can

my son would get real triggered by fluorescent lighting at school, but would suppress his tics while there, and have a real tic explosion once home or in our car!

I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a feng shui consult? i was reading a few months back about geopathic faults causing some people to have problems. the reason i ask is because my son has never wanted to sleep in his room since we moved to this house. he'll sleep just about anywhere else if i let him. i've thought about having my two boys share my other son's room to see if it helps. we could use his room as an office/play room. DH is opposed because he feels he needs his own room so he has a private place to decompress when needed, which is a valid point. anyway, just wondering. i've thought about finding someone to come "read" the house just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Also wondering if anyone has read any of Annie Bond's books? She is extremely sensitive to toxins of all sorts and has written several books about having toxin free homes, including EMFs. Her website is www.anniebbond.com.

I've also noticed my son keeps unplugging the electric alarm clock i gave him for his 10th birthday. when i ask him why he just sort of shrugs. maybe he knows something subconsciously.

I think they all know something subconsciously but often the ocd clouds it with so much other static. My son is the the most intuitive person that I know.

I think they all know something subconsciously but often the ocd clouds it with so much other static. My son is the the most intuitive person that I know.

I haven't done a feng shui consult but I borrowed a body voltage meter and measured the emfs in every bed in our house and I highly recommend giving it a try. My son who has been dealing with Lyme Disease for 18 months was sleeping in the worst bed in the house. We turned the circuit off to his room, gave him a battery powered light and he started getting a lot better. Within a month of turning off the power to his room he showed signs that he is finally killing Bartonella, another tick illness. He got a Bartonella rash which we believe is part of the die off of Bartonella. Apparently Lyme spirochetes go crazy with high emfs in the laboratory so sleeping in a high emf area would be like sleeping in a lyme incubator. The same is apparently true for mold. I also turned of the cordless phone. The 900 meghurz cordless phones are the best cordless phones b/c they only broadcast when you use them, not all the time. Can't find one to buy though. Safe Technologies sells meters but I was told Radio Shack sells a multi meter (811-32) that you can use to measure the voltages in your home (it is around $50). Haven't tried it yet myself b/c I already took my measurements with a more expensive meter. Anyone who is sick could benefit from reduced emfs. They sell nets like mosquito nets that you can put over a bed that repels emfs and radio waves from cell towers. Haven't tried that yet but am thinking it might be worth it given the success of turning of the power.

lyme

Hello,

Thanks for reading!

Very interesting... my son has been doing worse since last Monday, and it just so happens to be the day we got our wireless computer connection (it's like a little cell phone plugged in to the laptop)

I am going to try tomorrow not keeping it on all day, just when in use and see what happens.

For those using cell phones... don't! Keep them for emergencies only... beside the EMF thing, they are also thought to cause cancer/brain tumors.

Interesting too about keeping other things off, I had never though of that. Seems like an easy thing to rule out.