ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS: ASO Titers Vs. Anti-DNase B

In what situation would someone want to test Anti-DNase B in addition to the ASO titer? Could the ASO titer not show signs of PANDAS, but the Anti-DNase B show signs of PANDAS?

My doctor requested an ASO titer, but not Anti-DNase B. When I looked up the ASO titer on the LabCorp site this is what I came across: False-positive ASO titers can be caused by increased levels of serum beta-lipoprotein produced in liver disease and by contamination of the serum with Bacillus cereus and Pseudomonas sp. ASO titers are elevated in 85% of patients with rheumatic fever but may not be elevated in cases involving skin or renal sequelae. For patients suffering from skin or renal involvement, anti-DNase B [test 096289] may be a better choice.

I then looked up the anti-Dnase B test and it said it's use is for: Document recent streptococcal infection, particularly those involving skin or renal sequelae

I probably don't have PANDAS, but this does stand out at me because of the sudden onset of skin issues I've had. I have had an ASO titer before(showing no PANDAS, but my doctor wants to recheck it), but I've never had an anti-Dnase B test done before.

Carolyn