ACN Latitudes Forums

Apple Cider Vinegar Baths

Suzan

One of the things our new wellness doctor prescribed for us to do at home is an apple cider vinegar bath for 20 minutes twice a week. 1 cup to a quart maybe? in a warm bath. Says it's good for heavy metal detox for one and alkalizing. We tried it tonight. The girls had trouble with the smell but it was sort of Ok.

Before too long, dd9 was falling apart. She was crying and sobbing and saying that she felt horrible and how much she hated vinegar and how she had to get out of the tub and could not be calmed down. I rinsed her off and got her out and she continued to wail and say she didn't feel well for a while. I got her calmed down and she went to sleep. She is highly toxic and not detoxing well. Does this sound like a detox reaction that she experienced?

dd10 has dry skin and eczema. When she got out her skin was bright red and very itchy and uncomfortable and very scary for dd10. I put aloe all over and put her to bed. I read on the internet where apple cider baths are recommended for eczema but it didn't look good at all. Plus it stung in the water. We probably put 2 cups of vinegar in a large bath tub.

Overall the bath was completely emotional and dramatic and hard to tell if we should continue. I'll call him on Monday to get his thoughts but thought I'd post here to see if anyone has any experiences with apple cider vinegar baths.

Susan

Edited by Suzan

Thanks! I found it and it's a very interesting read. I'll go now to read more on high histamine and the sulfation pathway to see if I learn anything more. Today dd10 says her eczems feels fine but it still looks red but much better than last night. I forgot that she also had a crying spell while in the tub. She could not control herself for a while but got control before she got out of the tub. They both seem OK today.

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3208

Both our neurologist and wellness doc feel this was a massive detox reaction. Recommendation is to try it again in a couple of days using only 1/4 cup of vinegar and see how that goes. I'll keep you posted. We see our wellness doc on Monday next week for our first working appt. Our neuroligist is very happy we are working with him and agrees to work together. I love that!

Susan

We do a LOT of ACV over here. I would love to hear where you are at now compared to where you were with your last post. W have seen amazing results and I attribute it almost entirely just to the ACV. The thinking behind it is that most of us are too acidic and the ACV helps to reverse that. (I may have that backwards, I'm not fab at science :)). However, there are a very few people that are actually already alkaline and therefore don't need the ACV. If your daughter is one of these, that might have Ben what you are seeing in the reaction.

For anyone who is new to ACV, there is a book on it by Bragg and it is very helpful. Also, if anyone suffers from migraines, it is a lifesaver.

I hope your children re doing better than at your last post!!!!

We do a LOT of ACV over here. I would love to hear where you are at now compared to where you were with your last post. W have seen amazing results and I attribute it almost entirely just to the ACV. The thinking behind it is that most of us are too acidic and the ACV helps to reverse that. (I may have that backwards, I'm not fab at science :)). However, there are a very few people that are actually already alkaline and therefore don't need the ACV. If your daughter is one of these, that might have Ben what you are seeing in the reaction.

For anyone who is new to ACV, there is a book on it by Bragg and it is very helpful. Also, if anyone suffers from migraines, it is a lifesaver.

I hope your children re doing better than at your last post!!!!

Hi! We've done 2 more baths since the first one with the bad reaction. We used about 1/2 cup each time and it was much better. We still all felt sick after the 1st one but the one tonight we did much better. I'm glad to hear you have had such good results and thanks for the book recommendation. I'll check that out. The bath plan is 2 vinegar baths and 2 epsom salt and baking soda baths a week.

We have only touched the surface of the detox plan we are going to start, this was just the beginning so we still have a lot of work to do but it's good to know we can tolorate the baths and I think it is helping us detox. Thanksgiving set us back a little because we got so far off our diet so we are backtracking now.

Susan