ACN Latitudes Forums

Can Neck jerking disappear?

Salm

My question is Do anybody have kid who had neck jerking ( head pushes backwards) and that stopped? I have boy 7 years old without diagnose yet. He started with Neck jerking for two weeks ago and we his parents are S-holdet and devasted. We are woried if that is for rest of lige.

My son's started around age 9? It didn't go away until he was finally diagnosed with PANS, and we started treatment. Now his tics, including the head-jerking (he got a fatty/muscle pad on his upper back from it, that's since gone away), are almost gone.

So sorry, hang in there and try to get some help with an Integrative or Functional Medicine MD.

My son's started around age 9? It didn't go away until he was finally diagnosed with PANS, and we started treatment. Now his tics, including the head-jerking (he got a fatty/muscle pad on his upper back from it, that's since gone away), are almost gone.

So sorry, hang in there and try to get some help with an Integrative or Functional Medicine MD.

Tj21,

What treatment ended up working for your son? We've been treating Lyme since May and my son is getting only minor minor relief in his tics. How long did you treat PANS before your son's head jerks went away? Just looking for a success story as I feel hopeless sometimes that his tics will never go away.

We are treating for PANS. We've been on Augmentin for at least 3 years. And a host of other meds (b/c orig. he was dx'd with Tourettes), and supplements. Detoxification, leaky gut healing, and anti-inflammatories. Azithromycin and Minocycline off and on (thinking Lyme though he never tested positve, even w/provocation. 2 IVIGs (high-dose).

We saw pretty fast results (3-6 mos.?) but have had ups and downs ("flaring") so now I can usually tell something is off when the tics (vocal as well) come back. But the head-jerking has NOT returned (knock "wood").

Did your son have any other transient tics before this, or did the neck-jerking tic start suddenly? Even though we had other tics, this one was really sudden and dramatic.

Edited by tj21

• 3 months later...

My question is Do anybody have kid who had neck jerking ( head pushes backwards) and that stopped? I have boy 7 years old without diagnose yet. He started with Neck jerking for two weeks ago and we his parents are S-holdet and devasted. We are woried if that is for rest of lige.

How is your son doing now? My 6years old boy just started doing the same thing about 3weeks ago.any update is appreciated!