ACN Latitudes Forums

Pneumovax vaccine?

Hi,

Does anyone know if its OK to give the Pneumovax vaccine?

Both LLMD and immunologist wants my DS (24) to get this. LLMD because wants him to be protected and immunologist because we're looking into IVIG and wants to see if he responds to this.This immunologist does know about PANDAS, heard she is very well versed in it which is why we went to her.

Right now he qualify's for IVIG because of his numbers. Saw neurologist last year who also wanted to do IVIG and didn't mention this, was just going to do IVIG but we weren't convinced then or ready to do it.

Running out of options and hoping this will help now.

Treated for over 5 years for lyme / babesia / parasites. Seeing top LLMD for over 2 years.

Latest treatment was for bartonella....Rifampin paired with others since Dec. and no real improvement, so LLMD took him off everything and is currently on Difflucan daily for possible yeast.

I'm thinking wasn't on the bart treatment long enough because bart streaks did appear about 3 months into treatment but now have disappeared off treatment.

Anyway....any thoughts on the vaccine?

thanks

frikfrak

If he already qualifies for IVIG, why do they need to see the response to the vaccine?

I would be very cautious about giving vaccines right now, especially if it contains Thimerisol (mercury preservative). When you're already ill, vaccines are risky.

My son has had pneumonia 5 times in his life, after being fully vaxed with Prevnar. The vaccine didn't make a bit of difference. He stopped getting pneumonia only after we started treating for Lyme and supporting his immune system.

All that said, I will say that we did give our son the Pneumovax in order to get IVIG when he was 9. We were also worried about H1N1. He came through the vaccine alright, but we took a risk.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear frikfrak:
Thought I should tell you my experience with this vaccine.
First, we don't vaccine for routine purposes as we don't believe in the one size fits all mentality.
When our immunologist suggested my daughter have pneumovax in 2013 I was really surprised.
She has an immune deficiency. Pandas, now PANS as other illnesses can cause trouble, with the usual OCD, sensory problems, anxiety, etc. Awful. We were given a choice to try it. Within 2 or 3 weeks of the shot my daughter's sensory problems and ocd were GONE! Not an exaggeration. It was a miracle.
Then in 2014 my 6 year old came down with the same symptoms but even worse ocd, tics, violent thoughts and within 2-3 weeks his problems vanished. Now this can't be a coincidence!

This shot protected my daughter only for just over a year. Titers showed she was no longer protected. She proceeded to have three bouts of strep last fall and over this winter and is in a bad way with OCD, sensory, all back again. Then it was suggested that she have the Prevnar 13 which she has and is now protected again but it did NOT help her flare this time probably because she had so much strep and it caused tons of inflammation. We will keep a closer watch of her titers going forward and hope she comes out of her flare soon. In my opinion, if your child is having OCD or ticcing, etc/neuro problems I would run and get that shot. Then watch titers because it MAY not last long but what a wonderful year it was for her!!!

Hi,

Does anyone know if its OK to give the Pneumovax vaccine?

Both LLMD and immunologist wants my DS (24) to get this. LLMD because wants him to be protected and immunologist because we're looking into IVIG and wants to see if he responds to this.This immunologist does know about PANDAS, heard she is very well versed in it which is why we went to her.

Right now he qualify's for IVIG because of his numbers. Saw neurologist last year who also wanted to do IVIG and didn't mention this, was just going to do IVIG but we weren't convinced then or ready to do it.

Running out of options and hoping this will help now.

Treated for over 5 years for lyme / babesia / parasites. Seeing top LLMD for over 2 years.

Latest treatment was for bartonella....Rifampin paired with others since Dec. and no real improvement, so LLMD took him off everything and is currently on Difflucan daily for possible yeast.

I'm thinking wasn't on the bart treatment long enough because bart streaks did appear about 3 months into treatment but now have disappeared off treatment.

Anyway....any thoughts on the vaccine?

thanks

frikfrak

Aluminum is just as dangerous (if not more?--and the synergistic effects are also bad) as mercury. When they removed mercury from many vaccines it was replaced w/aluminum.

Here's a google search w/lots of articles:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ASAC_enUS458US458&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=aluminum%20asia%20autoimmunity

ASIA is a new term:

"Physicians are often puzzled by enigmatic medical conditions or the abrupt appearance of an immune-mediated disease. Such a story was recently presented to us by a young Sheikh. A Saudi Sheikh, who suffered at the age of 27 from joints pains, rash and serological evidence of anti-Ro antibodies, was diagnosed with probable systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) at that time. He was treated with Plaquenil for a year, but as no signs of SLE were apparent, treatment was stopped and he remained disease free for the next 12 years. At the age of 39 years, 2 weeks after immunization with the flu vaccine, his disease reemerged. This time he presented with severe arthritis and pericarditis, which required treatment with high doses of steroids.

This patient’s story illustrates the acceleration of an autoimmune or immune-mediated condition following exposure to external stimuli. During the past year a new syndrome was introduced and termed ASIA, ‘Autoimmune (Auto-inflammatory) Syndrome induced by Adjuvants’.1 This syndrome assembles a spectrum of immune-mediated diseases triggered by an adjuvant stimulus.24 The use of medical adjuvants has become common practice and substances such as aluminum adjuvant are added to most human and animal vaccine..." http://lup.sagepub.com/content/21/2/118.full

Aluminum is also a known neurotoxin http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=aluminum+neurotoxicity