ACN Latitudes Forums

Possible Autism. Not Diagnosed yet.

my child can't be without the radio in the car. even if its full of static. once in awhile she is able to tell me why and she said it calms her brain. she also stares at commuter all day long. she also has severe ocd, but that has subsided with low dose of prozac. the prozac did to take the racing brain away though. do many autistic children stare at computers and video games? my girl is sooooo agitated all of the time. if she did not have a computer and tv, she would be bouncing off the walls.

• 2 months later...

When my daughter was born she had to have a constant loud vacuum cleaner running our she would wake, and she was only content to zone out to baby einstein movies- after several years and vacuum cleaners...I learned from my son's occupational therapist that she had sensory processing disorder with a low sensory threshold. After treating my son for lyme induced autism, I began the antibiotic treatment on my daughter. They nolonger have the sensory diagnosis but it was not a diagnosis that my peditrician was able to make.