ACN Latitudes Forums

Help. Anyone know really good homeopath? Or anything?

Wombat140

I don't know what to do. I feel like I've run out of things to try. I've just failed for the fourth time to get a blood sample taken. My OCD, or whatever you'd call it, is really bad - I'm reacting to pretty well everything, and with such violent, exhausting compulsions.

I don't often seem to get replies to my postings on here for some reason; I don't know why that is. Maybe my questions are just particularly difficult? But I could really do with some advice here, please, if you can.

The only thing that sometimes seems to have worked for me (except ibuprofen, some of the time) is homeopathy. I've been to two different ones in the last few years, and sometimes got some really good results, but it never seemed to get to the point where they could be sure of something working - it was always as likely not to work as to work - and eventually it petered out. It's only a few days ago that I wrote to the second homeopath to call it a day, because we'd definitely reached that point. I don't think either of them had much experience with this kind of OCD/TS/PANS/autistic spectrum thing - standard "anxiety disorders", maybe, but not the Martian type.

Does anyone know a homeopath who really does get results with our particular kind of condition, at at all feasible prices? Or any other kind of practitioner, for that matter, that really gets results? Paying silly money would be one thing if I could expect it to work, but for a long shot... it's not me that pays, you see, it's my parents, I can't go on throwing their money at long shots.

I'm in the UK and can't travel, but can do Skype if that's an option.

Many thanks,
Wombat140

Edited by wombat140

I believe this homeopath is in the UK. I found his link on Amy Lansky's blog. I see he appears to be getting results with children with PANDAS as well as autism.

http://alanfreestone.com/blog/

The only homeopathy we have really used was through our ND; a remedy for brain trauma/concussion, when DD was hit in the head with a dodge ball. It appeared to work well, but we didn't get to using the remedy for about a week, so perhaps it was time for the inflammation to resolve anyway.

As a biologist, I can't really wrap my head around homeopathy, but that doesn't mean it isn't useful.

We have not used this homeopath.

Wombat, have you tried any of the Facebook groups for PANDAS/PANS? I can't recall exactly who, but there are several people who use homeopathy. Perhaps you'd get more of a response there. We haven't really used it except through our ND for detox support. Like rowingmom, I can't really understand it either but it seems to work very well for some. Good luck!

I just wanted to say thank you both so much for the answers! I daren't join Facebook. I'm dreadful about getting addicted to forums as it is, wasting far too much time on them, and those are just normal forums whereas of course Facebook is specifically designed to get you to spend as much time as possible. But I've contacted Alan Freestone. Wish me luck!

As a chemistry student, I don't understand how homeopathy can work either, but from the cases I've heard and the things that have occasionally happened with me, something seems to be going on; so I can only assume that current science is missing some more major things than it thinks it is!

Edited by wombat140

We use Beth Monterosso from Brooklyn NY. We skype with her. We love her. Although DS's symptoms (tics) are still here, they are pretty mild and we are "dealing" well at the moment.

Beth gives a constitutional remedy as well as many nosodes depending upon symptoms. I would give it a try.

i would also explore CBD oil. We are starting it and i am hopeful!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - sorry I didn't respond before, I was waiting until I'd had my appointment.

Afraid CBD oil illegal in this country (probably - exact situation seems vague), also it comes into the category of "silly money" for us.

Well, I had my appointment with Mr Freestone on Tuesday. What a relief - he talks! The other one, that I've been seeing for the past year with more or less random results, was quite strange to deal with, because he never said anything hardly. He would just sit looking at me while I talked until I came to a halt from embarrassment, and then say, "So anything else you want to tell me about how you're feeling?" or something like that, and never comment at all. So I never knew whether what I was saying was suggesting anything to him (or indeed whether he'd understood it properly), or whether he was just prescribing by guesswork. But Mr Freestone talks normally and it makes it so much easier!

And from the way he talks, I very much got the impression that he is familiar with the kind of thing I'm describing, and thinks he knows what to do about it. That's a big advance on either of the two I've seen in the past, who had more of an air of "well, I've never seen anything quite like this before but I'll do my best". Also, he's given me not one but 3 remedies, all to be taken at different intervals and for a different specific reason. That sounds like the action of someone who thinks he has a fair idea what to do, doesn't it?

So I'm hopeful; let's see how I get on!

Edited by wombat140

• 8 years later...