ACN Latitudes Forums

Stomach pain 24 hours after IVIG

Quick question: my daughter just finished HDIVIG on Wednesday night. Seemed to do very well side effects wise, mostly general aches and pains. Then last night she started to get stomach pain. We knew nausea was possible. I'm giving her Zofran every 6 hours, it helps some, but not 100%. She's miserable. Seems the nausea subsides, but there is residual abdominal pain. I have calls in to our doctors, but I'm wondering if anyone had a similar reaction/advice. Thank you.

I have no experience with IVIG, but do want to let you know (if you don't already) that there is a strong association with PANDAS/PANS and "mysterious" stomach aches.  Dr. K in Chicago has said that it was so prevalent among his PANDAS/PANS patients, that he scoped many kids (i.e. camera down to stomach) - but never found anything obvious.

• 1 month later...

D

id they give her Solumderol along with the IVIG? If so, we have had horrible stomach pains with our 10 yr old ds (we even went to ER) after Solumedrol infusions. It was all cured by pushing Benadryl during infusion and post infusion for about 2 days.