ACN Latitudes Forums

has anyone ever tried doxy. on a 13 y.o?

We just gave my 8 yr old Doxy for Anaplasmosis. They gave her 5 days. She has late Lyme, major psych symptoms and leg pain. She was on high dose amox and the psych symptoms (suicidal) worsened dramatically, but she seemed to get a lot better on the Doxy very quickly, I would actually like to try a second course of it. At this stage, things being so so so bad, I figure if she develops dark teeth we can get her caps. I would rather have a healthy , happy kid with dark teeth than the suffering she is going through now.

The concern is largely the teeth staining. Your dentist should be able to tell you if the crowns are formed. Once the crowns are formed on the molars, there is no chance to stain them. At that point, even if there is a little staining, it will be at the root of the molars. My daughter is 11 and has 7 baby teeth still, but all crowns on permanent teeth are formed according to her dentist. She was recently put on 100mg of doxy 3 times a day.

The concern is largely the teeth staining. Your dentist should be able to tell you if the crowns are formed. Once the crowns are formed on the molars, there is no chance to stain them. At that point, even if there is a little staining, it will be at the root of the molars. My daughter is 11 and has 7 baby teeth still, but all crowns on permanent teeth are formed according to her dentist. She was recently put on 100mg of doxy 3 times a day.

Tried to send you a pm (again) :) Can you clear some of your messages. thx

Hi Lily. I was trying to pm laure to ask her about the teeth staining. It's probably not a good idea to put your email address on a public forum. Take care.

I think there is room in my message box, but people often tell me it's full. Try now...