ACN Latitudes Forums

No Lyme/mycoplasma/viral infection many questions; help!

Hi all. Just got our second set of bloodwork back. We are neg for Lyme, but have mycoplasma, pans, MTHFR, and roseola. I'm disappointed because strep titers went down on one child, the other stayed relatively the same (he is our more sick child). Questions are:

1. Does anyone here use antivirals? How are they working? I'm assuming we will be put on because of roseola.

2. How long for titers to come down on strep for more complex cases? We are on azith and cefdinir

3. Do you find the antifungals work well? We've done diflucan on and off with success. I'm wondering if we need a longer stent.

4. How is micro plasma treated? I hate it!

Thanks so much all for your time. I know these questions have to be repetitive.

Bella,

What lab did you use to test for Lyme? Did they test for coinfections such as Bartonella, Babesia, Erlichia, and Anaplasma? Lyme tests are notorious for false negatives, and so they can be misleading. If they ran an Elisa or a Western Blot through a lab other than Igenex, I would re-run the testing using Igenex and include coinfection testing.

We treated our ds with Valtrex for viruses for a long time (over a year) and then moved to herbals. Our doctor has recommended a low-sugar diet to keep viruses at bay.

Antifungals should be used in tandem with probiotics and a low-sugar diet. They've been helpful for us, but the viruses are tough.

Hope this is helpful! I'm sure others will chime in.

• 4 weeks later...

The hospital wouldn't do the testing themselves, they would send it out to a lab for Lyme and co-infections testing. Can you get a copy of the lab report? That should tell you who did the actual tests. Also, are you saying they tested for all the co-infections I listed?