ACN Latitudes Forums

Help ACN Expose the Tourette Syndrome Association

We try to avoid too much controversy on the Forums--but that doesn't apply to my blog posts! :P

We really need you right now.

Please read our latest article that tells how the Tourette Syndrome Association (TSA) is ignoring the role of diet, the immune system, and the environment in tics and Tourettes. We need you to Comment on it. Then Share it!

Why the Tourette Syndrome Association Should Be Investigated: Part 1.

A key goal of ACN Latitudes is to move treatment and prevention of tics and Tourette syndrome forward. After more than 20 years of our efforts, it ain't happening at the mainstream level. Why? Because the Tourette Syndrome Association (TSA) has a monopoly on information that is made available to doctors and the media; the TSA is very, very powerful.

They are also WAY behind the times (and even negative!) when it comes to the role of diet, allergy, the immune system, and environmental issues in neurological conditions like Tourette syndrome.

Someone who recently attended a national TSA conference wrote in her comment to my article:

Having *just* returned from the TSA conference last week, I was disappointed to attend a panel discussion on Nutrition, Exercise and Coping. . . None of the panelists had tried a GF/CF diet, and one joked that he was going to try a diet of one food a week to see how that went.

We don't need panel "experts" joking about dietary approaches at a seminar that's supposed to help families.

We aren't going to give up. This is only part one of a series of blog posts and we want to make sure the real story is told and the TSA is investigated.

Please take a minute to share about the prevention and treatment of tics and Tourettes–and the role of the Tourette Syndrome Association. (Your email address will not be visible.) Comment here

Thanks so much for your support – and stay tuned for more on this important topic!

Click here to comment on the article and share it now!

Sheila

Excellent article! I find this so true about Autism spectrum disorders too! I want to scream when I hear intelligent woman either say I can't do anything its genetic or the medical community has just "missed diagnosing" kids.

First of all you scientifically CAN NOT have an explosion of a genetic disorder.

Second how can you miss thousands of kids? We have gone from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 50.

Nutritionists like you are also getting fed up with no real direction in changes to help their fat, sick and tired patients.

Fortunately they are educating themselves and are dividing into two factions. They are becoming knowledgable in regards to wheat being sprayed with pesticides during the drying process increasing gluten issues and learning that GMO's are pesticide driven crops. Dairy is no longer Grandma's dairy for good protein and calcium. A lot were kept in the dark due to Ag sponsored conferences. Hopefully this informed group will help our most vulnerable, children and the elderly, (Alzheimer).

You put it brilliantly and it is time we all unite and demand changes to healthy alternatives that work instead of more money, for more research, for more drugs until it is to late and we realize we have lost a generation.

Thank you so much for the supportive post, 3bmom!

I agree with how frustrating it is to hear people talk of not being able to do anything to help. Unfortunately this is what they have been taught, right?

The field of autism was lucky to have Bernard Rimland, PhD lead the way in finding new approaches to autism spectrum disorders. He was open to all ideas and he actually LISTENED to parents and valued their observations. His work opened the door to nutritional approaches to autism and it is taking a painfully long time for these concepts to filter down, especially with denial and criticism from the medical establishment. It's a good thing that a core group of physicians are being trained to help reverse autism. (Wish those same docs would take on Tourette patients!)

There is so much families can do on their own, especially with diet and nutrition, as you point out.

Thanks again and let's see how we can all get the message out! Sheila