ACN Latitudes Forums

Natural Remedy for Strep?

4Nikki

DD has been flaring pretty bad these past few months. Multiple bacterial and UTI and now Strep. She's not taking Augmenting and she gets lots of die off reaction from it. I ordered a Home Strep Kit and was taking a look at youtube to see the exact steps for the kit and came across a bunch of home remedies for strep I had not seen before. the basic ingredients seem to be:

1 x clove of garlic

1 x tsp of honey

0.5 x tsp of cayenne pepper

I haven't seen this posted on the forum before. I'm pretty sure I have strep and DD as well. The strep kit just arrived so I'm going to confirm Strep and give this remedy a try.

Any thoughts or experience?

Just a thought (not judging!) but if your daughter is PANDAS/PANS and has strep and is flaring, wouldn't you want to knock it out of her ASAP and use abx vs. trying home remedies? Even non-pandas kiddos are put on abx immediately when strep is confirmed..... Are you detoxing while on abx?

DD was put on the ABX before we got the test, Tests are difficult when DD is flaring. A panic attack can be nearly as brutal as a rage episode. The Home Strep tests are fastest, and the most convent way if we suspect strep as a first step.

We have a standing visit with DD doctor ever two weeks who follows medication and supplements closely.

How do you detox while on ABX?

We don't put blind faith in front of traditional medicine, however prudence would dictates that a home remedy is preferable over a doctors visit if it works. DW and I have had discussions about our choice preference of a good doctor. My preference is a doctor who gives good advice basically a good counselor first, where as DW preference is the one that is a good surgeon. (She is a OR Nurse) My doc recommended I tie off a skin tag with a long hair to choke the blood supply and it falls off, her doc recommended outpatient surgery to burn it off. Both methods take care of the problem but my docs way dos less damage to my wallet.