ACN Latitudes Forums

Lyme-like illness

I'm aware of the "East Coast" and "West Coast" panels that Igenex offers, and I apologize if I was unclear, I was asking if there is a sense that there is a clinical difference between Lyme on each coast. This has always been an issue in "American" vs. "European" Lyme, not sure if there is a consensus on whether there is a clinical difference among continents.

Dr. T

Yes... sorry, I misunderstood.

Yes, there are clinical differences in presentation. I've spoken with our doctor about this, but I don't think I'm able to accurately convey what they might be right now. If you do end up making contact with Dr. Fallon, I'm sure he could explain the subtleties. And just generally, it's an incredibly complex disease in that it is completely multi-systemic. And given that each tick's infection load is unique, and each person's immune system is unique -- it makes for one highly individualized disease as far as symptom presentation. Additionally, symptoms wax and wane, and change over time.

Hope that helps.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We live in Virginia. I was really surprised when I started finding ticks on my kids in April last year. Well, my son came home today from school and said a little girl in his class found a tiny (assuming deer tick) tick attached to her today. This is definitely early in the year to find them. Yikes!

Colleen