ACN Latitudes Forums

Is Fluoride Safe for kids with tics?

patty

My son is getting his teeth clean tomorrow, so he will be getting a fluoride treatment. Is fluoride safe? There is so much i don't know and would appreciate comments and feedback.

Since I am staying away from food coloring and artificial ingredient, my son is using Tom's of Maine antiplaque toothpaste.

Anyone has good suggestions with toothpaste, soap, shampoo?

• 3 years later...
My son is getting his teeth clean tomorrow, so he will be getting a fluoride treatment. Is fluoride safe? There is so much i don't know and would appreciate comments and feedback.

Since I am staying away from food coloring and artificial ingredient, my son is using Tom's of Maine antiplaque toothpaste.

Anyone has good suggestions with toothpaste, soap, shampoo?

HI

I am also staying away from all artif. coloring including in soap, shampoo, toothpaste, dishwasher soap, etc. I heard water w/ Fluoride can increase tics, but nothing about it in tooth paste. I like "Burt's bees" products.

Take care!

Giulia

Hi Patty

NO!!!! the fluoride treatments are not ok for kids period!!! but especially not for kids with tics! :)

http://www.mercola.com/article/links/fluoride_links.htm

My son reacts so severely to fluoride that he cant even have it in toothpaste, nevermind that toxic painting that they do at the dentist!

Cheri, what do you use to protect the teeth from decay? My son, unfortunately, has my teeth and they are rotted and I have crowns on almost all my molars, etc. He got a sealant done at the dentist a few months ago but I was uncertain about the safety of it. Does you son get dental cleanings done on a regular basis? I can't find a holistic dentist around here for the life of me!

B

o rly?

I live in an area with fluorinated water, and I use mouthwash with fluoride in it every night (Act brand). On that note, I've heard that Act is the only brand of mouthwash worth using because it's the only one that has fluoride in it. Listerine and all those just have alcohol and glycerine or something in them to make your mouth *feel* clean, but they don't actually really do anything for your teeth. However, that could be propaganda.

I'm not sure if there's fluoride in my toothpaste or not.

Guess I should go read that link Chemar posted.

Hello,

so I am confused can we use florinated water with our children? thanks.

Deanna