ACN Latitudes Forums

2 weeks into Augmentin....

It's over 2 weeks now. We started out on Augmentin AND steroids. After a few days on steroids, my son was a crying disaster. The whole world sucked, he was crying about everything, hated everything. We took him off the steroids at 5 days. Now, I'm not sure if they still did their job and we are seeing results from that, or if it's the Augmentin, but it's FANTASTIC!!!!

He's not arguing with me, he's doing what he's told. He even APOLOGIZED to me ME today for the way he reacted to something and it wasn't even that big of a deal!!! He didn't chase me around and start a war, he had simply talked back and make a comment. About 5 minutes later, it apparently bothered him that he reacted that way because he came upstairs to tell me he was sorry for overreacting!!!

<insert the sound of angels singing here>

I know this may be temporary, I know we are headed down a long road, but I am ecstatic!

Oh, and I have not been getting calls from school about behavior, he's been doing his homework without help and without a fight AND today he got a compliment from the Assistant Principal about how he seems to be "turning over a new leaf". I haven't talked to them about PANDAS, I've not had successful meetings with them in the past regarding his medical issues, etc. and was trying to lie low and see how this played out -- if things take a turn and my son needs assistance or special arrangements, of course that will change...BUT for now....

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting the backslide in a week or two, but right now I'm loving it!

Now, at least you know it is infection triggered!!!! I am sooooo happy for you.

BTW, I was just reading your post out loud, and my 19 yo said: "I do that...it will go back and forth" (and then he laughed.)

Congrats!! I know when my sweetie started feeling better, just watching her play independently outside and laughing made me cry (and I am not a crier :D ).

May any back slides be minor or none at all. We have only had very minor quirks occur (knocks on wood) since our progress began. May you be this fortunate B)

It's over 2 weeks now. We started out on Augmentin AND steroids. After a few days on steroids, my son was a crying disaster. The whole world sucked, he was crying about everything, hated everything. We took him off the steroids at 5 days. Now, I'm not sure if they still did their job and we are seeing results from that, or if it's the Augmentin, but it's FANTASTIC!!!!

He's not arguing with me, he's doing what he's told. He even APOLOGIZED to me ME today for the way he reacted to something and it wasn't even that big of a deal!!! He didn't chase me around and start a war, he had simply talked back and make a comment. About 5 minutes later, it apparently bothered him that he reacted that way because he came upstairs to tell me he was sorry for overreacting!!!

<insert the sound of angels singing here>

I know this may be temporary, I know we are headed down a long road, but I am ecstatic!

Oh, and I have not been getting calls from school about behavior, he's been doing his homework without help and without a fight AND today he got a compliment from the Assistant Principal about how he seems to be "turning over a new leaf". I haven't talked to them about PANDAS, I've not had successful meetings with them in the past regarding his medical issues, etc. and was trying to lie low and see how this played out -- if things take a turn and my son needs assistance or special arrangements, of course that will change...BUT for now....

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

What dose of Augmentin, Fightingmom? Good to hear this!

Night from ######!!

slamming doors, kicking walls, screaming and cursing at me at 1:00am. I knew it was coming after yesterday morning! WTF.

It must have been the steroids for the past 8-9 days that we had that were so wonderful. And, I mean WONDERFUL. The kid was amazing. He was sweet, and happy and smiling and offering to help and not fighting about a single thing. Last night after dinner I just called his name - nicely - and he SCREAMED back at me WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! Argh. It's one thing when they are younger, but 14 years old and a 125lbs slamming your house down and screaming obscenities at the top of his lungs. I don't know how much more I can take, I really thought the neighbors were going to call the cops.