ACN Latitudes Forums

MRI showing Gliosis Deposit left temporal lobe

I haven't talked directly to the neuro yet. I'll let you know after I talk to him. I am going to be switching to Dr. Latimer soon. I only went to this neuro here to get an MRI quickly. I didn't want to wait months to get in elsewhere. He doesn't believe in PANDAS so I definately WON'T be using him. I think the deposit is probably from his concussion, but I will let you know. I have been busy with my son's T&A this AM. Don't apologize. I am curious too. I want to learn all I can about this.

I haven't. My daughter has had 2 MRIs, both normal. Did they say what the implications are here? This is normal after a concussion? Any short or long term symptoms involved with this? Sorry to be so curious.

Ok having a boy gives me all kinds of avenues or combinations to persue...

About 3-4 weeks before this onset he was GREAT! No issues for 4 months

he's playing football and runs into a light post.

black eye, bent braces and tooth moves a smidge and a golf ball knot right on his hairline, bruised face

took him to orthodonatist and pediatrician and they said he was ok

could a head/face injury trigger something almost a month later

There was an OCD program on TV not long ago (can't remember which network) that featured the case of a high school football player who developed severe OCD after a series of concussions. I would think that a serious blow to the head might contribute.

Does anybody else remember the details about the OCD show? I believe it was mentioned in a topic here.

black eye, bent braces and tooth moves a smidge and a golf ball knot right on his hairline, bruised face

Hello

I read a study (will try to find it later and post it) that showed, using rats, that a trauma to the head can lead to failure in the integrity of the blood brain barrier. I only read the abstract so not sure how severe the trauma would have to be but if stuff were already circulating in the blood stream (autoantibodies etc) it could potentially allow it access to the brain.

I didn't really want to think about it too much. My kids are always baging something, our son all the time it seems.....

I'm wondering the same thing.

I saw him a while ago on PBS. He is interesting. He stated that he felt football was a form of child abuse. I definately

see his point. My son is very talented athletically but as I look into this further I might be faced with forcing him to quit football--his passion. Every thing happens for a reason.

Dr. Daniel Amen (he's the spec scan guy...he's written a bunch of books, has been on PBS etc) has some interesting info. on head injuries:
http://www.amenclinics.com/brain-science/s...f-brain-trauma/

If you find it please let me know. That is very interesting.

There was an OCD program on TV not long ago (can't remember which network) that featured the case of a high school football player who developed severe OCD after a series of concussions. I would think that a serious blow to the head might contribute.

Does anybody else remember the details about the OCD show? I believe it was mentioned in a topic here.