ACN Latitudes Forums

CBD oil - when to start and what to expect

cara615

We got our first tube of CDB hemp oil from Hempmedspx. I was told by Bradstreet to give a rice sized amount in a spoonful of almond butter (DS does not swallow caps).

Should i wait until Saturday? I was thinking it may not be a good idea to start during the week when he is in school.

As far as what to expect: when did you see a difference? Did it help with tics? I am giving it to reduce inflammation because once we can reduce inflammation DS's tics tend to reduce as well.

Does the CBD need time to build up in the system? Any adverse effects i need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

I take that back. About an hour after i gave it to him he started ticcing more. Some old tics coming back and his current ones more frequently. I got so nervous. I texted Bradstreet, he said to give way less tomorrow. So 1/2 of a grain of rice. WOW i guess this stuff is pretty powerful.

Sorry this is late in coming. My kiddo was off this for about 6 weeks partly because she was doing so well, and partly because I started forgetting it. I am putting her back on it since we have some issues coming back up as related to a variety of changes right now.

I have only seen the positive benefits with my daughter. It does really well with her anxiety and can curb her "upsets" as well. It has never increased her tics, but rather decreases them. However, every kiddo is different as you well know :).

We started seeing benefits within a few days I believe. My computer with her medical log is down right now, so I cannot reference it. Kiddo is still on the cibdex brand.

I just found out that the RSHO is wayyyyyyyyy more potent then the bluebird botanicals. I had no idea. The dose i gave my son of the RSHO was equal to about 25 drops of the bluebird!! i started way too high!

i will back down as much as i can or i will order the bluebird botanicals. Nuff said.

When I first read Cara's post I thought a grain of rice? I'm giving that and maybe it's too little?!

Yes, a rice grain is equivalent to 25 drops and RSHO is much more concentrated. I just switched DS16 last week and I think it works better. The paste is also less messy than the CBD oil that always seemed to get everywhere. I noticed less catatonic OCD moments in the morning and no wet dream type situations, since last week.

Still having trouble with OCD in the morning, but after calming down, maybe we're doing better than we think.

T. Anna

So I started the CBD oil again (RSHO) but this time a tiny little dot. Today is day 4 and I think its helping with inflammation. Vocals are back down to barely nothing and motors are super low as well. I know when things are going well because i can "breathe" and my anxiety is lessened. His tics are not the #1 thing on my mind every waking second and I can actually think about other things.

Good news is that he is doing so well in school and has been selected for the gifted class evaluation. The teacher says she barely notices any tics and the kids certainly don't. DS is a pleasure to have in the class apparently and I am very happy to hear this.

Hoping and praying that this can only continue.

From what I have heard about CBD oil, flares although still occurring are shorter and the bounce back is quicker. Hoping this is true for my DS as well.

• 9 months later...

cara615, are you still doing the CBD oil?

Am I glad I found this thread. I was also told it would take 4-5 days to see an effect and after I gave my son a drop this morning (bigger than I had intended but it's hard to squeeze out), I was pretty sure his tics increased this afternoon. Glad to know I'm not going crazy. I'll need to figure out a way to get a smaller portion out. :)