ACN Latitudes Forums

NEED TO KNOW IF YOUR CHILD EXHIBITED COPROLALIA

YES YES YES YES YES most of danny tics were expressed this way.I was told that PANDAS didnt allow for it from DRs at COLUMBIA PRESP. But later much later (unfortunatly)was told it definitly could.We still have some COPROLALIA now .Hard to get rid of .When hes angry and frusterated it pops up.

Melanie

Melanie, I just found on Dr. K's website, that coprolalia is listed under Minor Criteria. What was other docs' explanation for not being part of PANDAS? What treatments have you pursued? Did anything help this at all? This symptom was gone after about one week on flagyl then longer time on vancomycin (oral).

Absolute criteriaSudden onset (applicable to patients >5 years of age).Major criteriaSeparation anxiety (type 1* or type 2**)OCD symptoms presentAdventitious movementsAnorexia Minor criteria group A (psychiatric symptoms)CoprolaliaSleep disorders (insomnia, night terrors, refusal to sleep alone in the room)Behavioral regression other than separation anxiety ("baby-talk", temper tantrums, behaviors unbecoming of actual chronological age)Hyperactivity, inattentiveness, inability to concentrateAggressivenessSignificant deterioration in learning abilities (particularly in mathematics)HallucinationsMinor criteria group B (physical symptoms)"Puppet-like" spoken and body language; "hyper-alert" look or demeanorPresence of wide pupils particularly during the acute stages of diseaseTics (motor, vocal, complex)Urinary frequency and/or bed wetting and/or daytime accidentsDemonstrable short-memory lossFine motor skills deterioration including dysgraphiaIncreased sensory responses (to smell, sound, light, touch)

• 2 years later...

My DS 14 just developed COPROLALIA very acute, very vulgar.

He is on Augmentin XR and Valtrex. Why the flagyl and or Vancomycin?

Melanie from NJ.....If I could hear from you about your son's progress and doctor who put him on IVIG at home......please, please contact me!!!

Barbara**

Melanie,

My son has just started with the Coprolalia after 3 months of uncontrolled movements.

Can you please tell me more about the IVIG at home, what Doctor do you use? NJ?

He hasn't been to school in 3 months and I am trying so hard to get him IVIG so he can possibly get back before 8th grade graduation.

Thanks for responding T. Anna.

Can you tell me more about why your doctor went this route?

I had never heard of this and I am meeting the Ped. Neuro. tomorrow evening and would like to address it.

Also, is it very costly like the traditional IVIG in the hospital setting? I also heard one type is better than another for neurological symptoms like movements, etc.

Barbara