• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Plus
  • Youtube
  • youtube

Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.
Special Offer: Free 1 Month Trial of our Premium Membership!

The ACN Latitudes Premium Membership provides instant access to over 125+ premium health articles on neurological conditions along with an exclusive premium newsletter. In addition, you will have several enhanced forum features, which include helpful perks such as: no advertisements, live chat room, forum blogging, increased messaging storage, and much more! Your Premium Membership also helps to support the efforts of our non-profit organization. Start Your Free Trial!

Photo
- - - - -

psychiatrist

psychiatrist OCD ASD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Louisa

Louisa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

Does anyone know any psychiatrists in New Jersey who is specialized in ASD with OCD/anxiety? You can send me the information to my personal email account: louisalaw@gmail.com. My son is 18 years old with ASD. His current challenge is severe OCD.

Thanks so much.

Louisa

#2 MomWithOCDSon

MomWithOCDSon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  • Interests:All things PANDAS, OCD, travel, pets, education

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

Louisa --

I don't have a specific recommendation, but if no one gets back to you with a name or two, you might try reaching out to some of the folks listed with the International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation on their web "Find Help" page:

https://iocdf.org/find-help/

The psych we found via this resource happens to be both OCD and ASD-savvy, but she's here in the Midwest.  Still, I think the IOCDF is a good starting point.  I would just start with some calls and ask each therapist/psych specifically about their experience with ASD in addition to anxiety disorders.

I might also suggest that you could possibly reach out to Dr. Eric Storch of the Rogers pediatric OCD program in Florida?

https://www.rogersho...eric-storch-phd

I attended a session at an IOCDF conference a few years ago, aimed at practitioners, that Dr. Storch led regarding the treatment of OCD in ASD individuals.  He knows his stuff, and he has been, in the past anyway, pretty accessible via phone and/or Skype.  I don't know that he would be ideal for ongoing treatment even if he would engage in Skype appointments on a regular basis, but perhaps he knows of a colleague in your area that would have a skill set in this particular field?

All the best!

Nancy
Mom of PANDAS DS18, Freshman in College

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: psychiatrist, OCD, ASD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users