ACN Latitudes Forums

what is this about MRIs to diagnose

All day long I have been reading nothing but Lyme, Lyme, Lyme.

Something struck me a few weeks back, when I was having history taken at my dentist (I have mercury poisoning and am getting my fillings removed by an integrative dentist) and she was asking about my symptoms and Lyme and all of it. I had a memory pop up of the start of my migraines and how I had CT and MRIs done and the tech on one of them asked if I was there due to a tick bite. When I said no, because of migraines, she got a very puzzled look and seemed like she wanted to say something. I was about 12 at the time and started questioning her, at which point she just excused herself and said my dr would have to talk to me about the results (of course.)

I asked my dr and he got MAD and I was worried I had cost her her job, but told me she did not know what she was talking about and wasn't supposed to try to read my results, etc. We all know now that the techs can usually read them better than the drs themselves :ph34r: so you get where I am going with this.

It looks like MRI can actually be DIAGNOSTIC for Lyme because lesions can show in your white matter. I'm tempted to run out and get an MRI just to see if I really do have these lesions. If I knew which dr ran the stupid thing on me way back when, I would demand a copy. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

All day long I have been reading nothing but Lyme, Lyme, Lyme.

Something struck me a few weeks back, when I was having history taken at my dentist (I have mercury poisoning and am getting my fillings removed by an integrative dentist) and she was asking about my symptoms and Lyme and all of it. I had a memory pop up of the start of my migraines and how I had CT and MRIs done and the tech on one of them asked if I was there due to a tick bite. When I said no, because of migraines, she got a very puzzled look and seemed like she wanted to say something. I was about 12 at the time and started questioning her, at which point she just excused herself and said my dr would have to talk to me about the results (of course.)

I asked my dr and he got MAD and I was worried I had cost her her job, but told me she did not know what she was talking about and wasn't supposed to try to read my results, etc. We all know now that the techs can usually read them better than the drs themselves :ph34r: so you get where I am going with this.

It looks like MRI can actually be DIAGNOSTIC for Lyme because lesions can show in your white matter. I'm tempted to run out and get an MRI just to see if I really do have these lesions. If I knew which dr ran the stupid thing on me way back when, I would demand a copy. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

5 years ago, my son had his first MRI due to dilate pupils and abrupt change in personality. All was clear (tumor ruled out)

Last August, after being diagnosed with Lyme, my son had his second MRI. There are now 2 small lesions "consistent with Lyme." BTW - lesions are also consistent with other stuff and I am definitely not saying that MRI is a good diagnostic tool for Lyme. From what I've picked up though, it might be an indicator of long term untreated Lyme.