ACN Latitudes Forums

Antibiotic advice

Hi,

My DS9 until now has been non-PANDAS - my older son has had tics and is battling Lyme and co-infection. My younger son has had recurrent strep infections and just had one about 3 weeks ago which was treated with clindamycin. Our integrative med doc put him on a longer course of antibiotics (augmentin) after the Clindamycin to keep the strep at bay until he has a tonsillectomy next month. Out of the blue and for the first time ever he has developed a tic (head roll that looks like he stretching his neck).

I'm wondering if I should ask his doc for a stronger antibiotic? Or should he just continue on the daily augmentin?

Do we just ignore the tic and see if it goes away or does our history with PANDAS and tics in our other son (plus the fact that he had strep before this started) make it obvious that we're dealing with the same for him now too? I don't know if a stronger antibiotic will help...or if it's just the extended duration on the augmentin that will eventually help...plus the tonsillectomy.

Any thoughts or advice??