ACN Latitudes Forums

CaM Kinase results in...

Hi all. I can hardly see through my watery eyes to write this. My son's CaM test came back 152, so I guess that is just over the mean for PANDAS. I am crying out of relief that I finally know, after six years, and fear for what the future holds for him- how we're going to get him better. Gotta go cry some more...

I understand your tears. I hate to say "congratulations".... but you deserve a big round of applause for getting to this point and finding this. Isn't it amazing how much this explains?

Now you can work on a plan with this one more piece of evidence in your files.

Best of luck.

Hi all. I can hardly see through my watery eyes to write this. My son's CaM test came back 152, so I guess that is just over the mean for PANDAS. I am crying out of relief that I finally know, after six years, and fear for what the future holds for him- how we're going to get him better. Gotta go cry some more...

I understand your tears- Congrats on pushing to find the pieces of the puzzle!

Brandy

Got ours this morning too. 176. Not in exacerbation. I don't know if I want to cry, or thow up. I was convinced he would come back low - esspecially since he was not in exacerbation. No high titers (negative actually) no known strep infection. I can't even say it was "sudden" onset - it didn't happen over night. It was spead out over a couple months.

Tic was main visible symptom.

Sorry, but it is better that we know I guess. Yes, us too; he hasn't had anything too obvious for one year! His CaM is 152 when he appears (relatively speaking of course) fine! OMG... I wonder what it was when he was flipping out last year. My son's issues have been purely behavior and learning problems. He hasn't had ocd or tics for one year or more. Some ocd, but stuff you wouldn't really know to call ocd or not. So, I told myself if high, I would get him to Dr. K for IVIG or something else. Don't know what our local doc (Dr. Lin) will opt for now, after two antibiotic trials. Still pulling eyelashes out... they're nearly all gone again. Wonder what it was that started it all again...