ACN Latitudes Forums

Low neutrophils and/or high lymphs?

Hello,

My DD just had some more lab work done, including another CBC. Her neutrophils level was low and lymphs were high. It seems like maybe this can be related to autoimmune disease according to google, but before I start freaking out thinking it's something else (ok, too late I'm already freaking out) I just wanted to see if anyone else's child has had these numbers be out of whack. Thank you!!!

dd4's blood work was wonky for months until we started immune modulating treatments with ND - her levels of everything would rollar coaster, causing the docs to think it was a variey of things (including leukemia, kidney disease, other cancers, etc). One month, one would be high, the next month, it would be low - it was crazy and hard to keep up with.

The two pieces of blood work that are consistent is her hemoglobin (chronically low since last Nov.), and ESR is chronically high.

Our ND was the only doc who looked at her blood work as a whole - it was all linked to her whacky immune response (side note - freaked myself right out on google as well when looking at individual, couple, or triple results - was frustrated when I could find no info on the whole picture of her blood panel).

Once we started the treatments, things have been mostly back to normal - but her blood work always goes astray when she is sick. Scariest for us is when she is really physically sick, her white blood cell count drops almost to zero - those results taken in a one picture is very scary and instigated much more invasive investigations on her. Now that we have been at this for a year and have a clear pattern - when taken as a whole with rest of blood panel, it is a strong indication of how her immune system is just not yet functioning correctly. I am still trying to learn how our immune systems are central to our system, and how autoimmune conditions can set so many other things off in the body...

That being said, super important to rule out the super scary things!!

Hello,

My DD just had some more lab work done, including another CBC. Her neutrophils level was low and lymphs were high. It seems like maybe this can be related to autoimmune disease according to google, but before I start freaking out thinking it's something else (ok, too late I'm already freaking out) I just wanted to see if anyone else's child has had these numbers be out of whack. Thank you!!!

**I think it is the Lyme disease. Is it being treated?

Thank you, both, for your responses. We are in the process of ruling out the serious things, but it's just so hard to wait on test results and doctor calls! It's really helpful to hear from other parents so that I'm not having full on panic attacks all day :)

Re: Lyme... Yes we are treating it but not as fully as we could probably treat. DD is taking a combo of full dose Zithromax and amoxycillin, which can cover Lyme but it is mainly for the MycoP that we KNOW she still has. We aren't doing any cyst busting... im not ready for that. Lyme is a pain in the a$$. When her symptoms started and we first did blood work, she was CDC positive for Lyme in her IgM, so there was no question she had it and it was caught early. However, did we catch it and treat it early enough to get rid of it fairly easily? That I don't know. Her symptoms have always been the same since we started - motor and vocal tics and a chronic cough. She hasn't ( thank God) had the physical symptoms of Lyme so it's hard to know what is what. So, yeah I wonder if the wonky levels in the CBC have to do with Lyme, but how will I ever know?!

Thanks again!

My daughter has had the same combo for most of her two years of bloodwork..we have done every test possible...and they all come up negative. They say her immune system is compromised especially after being treated for pandas and being on so many antibiotics . One blood doctor told us that he is absolutely sure she has some type of fungus in system being that the neutrophils were low and the lymps were high...classic sign. We did stool testing and it came back with crazy amounts of bacteria much much more than a stool would have.. This confirmed his theory. she was put on a non sugar diet and anti fungal MEds along with strong probiotics. He said she had so much that he couldn't say how long it would take to get the levels at a more normal level...then he meantioned the symptoms of the die off from fungus....urghh very frusterating. this didn't help her symptoms..maybe we didnt do it long enough but the symptoms were getting so bad we couldnt not do anything else...OCD, manic behavior..separation anxiety.

quote name='landamom' timestamp='1350314077' post='148148']

Hello,