ACN Latitudes Forums

Gratitude!

It is approaching the one year anniversay of when my son was diagnosed with pandas. As I reflect on our journey, I owe a huge amount of gratitude for the pandas doctors! They are truly in the trenches and willing to help our children in spite of the naysayers in the medical community. In my eyes, they are true heroes! I know that are not perfect and we may not always agree on treatments, but they do step up in the face of a lot of resistance, as we all know just from dealing with some of our own peds.

Our family is able to live a relatively normal life thanks to them. I could not have said this just one year ago. I sometimes think about the children in the past who came before ours who had no treatment options or the wrong treatment, and realize how blessed we are!

Thank you!

Patric, you are absolutely right. I, too, am grateful for a chance to get my ds evaluated. Ten years ago, when my son was just seven and completely incapacitated by neuropsych symptoms, I came across PANDAS online, but it was so narrowly defined back then, and there was so little info available, I discounted it. Here we are again, full circle, only this time information abounds! This time, I could make an more informed decision regarding PANS.

Thank you for sharing your good news. Stories like yours give me hope. :)

Patric, you are absolutely right. I, too, am grateful for a chance to get my ds evaluated. Ten years ago, when my son was just seven and completely incapacitated by neuropsych symptoms, I came across PANDAS online, but it was so narrowly defined back then, and there was so little info available, I discounted it. Here we are again, full circle, only this time information abounds! This time, I could make an more informed decision regarding PANS.

Thank you for sharing your good news. Stories like yours give me hope. :)

And, the reason for that, I truly feel, is because of groups like this forum and parents who started websites and reached out, and wrote books on the subject. This truly has been about the parents joining together, and boy what an impact we parents have made.