ACN Latitudes Forums

Fluoride on teeth

Dentist recommends fluoride on my girls teeth. She has white spots all over and he thinks it's from not brushing, which she never does, but I'm sure it's from antibiotics. My question is...do u feel fluoride is too risky for our kids? She never ever brushes her teeth and I'm thinking it may not be a bad idea.

Are you talking about first teeth that are going to fall out, or permanent teeth?

Fluoride is a poison and a neurotoxin. Really a bad idea for someone with lyme disease. Nothing good about it.

Having bad oral care is going to make it a good bit harder to get her healthy. The body with lyme is very sick and only chance to restore health is to clean it up, and having a cesspool in the mouth is not helpful. Time to strap her down and brush and floss her teeth.

We have well water, not public water, so we were always told to give our kids fluoride supplements. After reading about the controversy, I decided to discontinue the supplement. My kids are 7 and 9 and whatever benefit fluoride may have brought is likely a done deal. But the toxicity issue concerned me. Wasn't worth the risks. But...we also don't have an issue with brushing.

I did research the effects of abx on teeth and aside from doxy and tetracyline, found no literature that suggested abx did damage or staining. Do you have something that makes you believe it's the abx? How old is your daughter?