ACN Latitudes Forums

Klinghardt protocol and docs

sptcmom

As you know DS has Bartonella. I am worried about longterm ramifications of such strong ABX. I am doing Milk Thistle for liver suppport but feel like I should be doing much more.I read about the Klinghardt Lyme RX and the detox sounds awesome. I think DS could def use more detox other than Bentonite.

Has anyone tried the Klinghardt protocol?

Has anyone seen Dr Klinghardt himself at his Kirkland, WA office?

Has anyone found a good doc who does the Klinghardt protocol?

I read that Dr Horowitz in NY does all that. I looked him up and his reviews range from mostly really bad to iffy and very few good. I'm not sure I want to see him.

Any advise?

Thanks so much

Jodie

Edited by sptcmom

I recently ran across his protocol, it seems smart to me. Some things I had already done in slightly different ways. I have started taking a couple products he recommends, Rechts Regulat (fermented enzymes) and Gamma Rizol (to kill parasites/worms), and I have had some things feel better in the 3 days since I just started.

Michael

As you know DS has Bartonella. I am worried about longterm ramifications of such strong ABX. I am doing Milk Thistle for liver suppport but feel like I should be doing much more.I read about the Klinghardt Lyme RX and the detox sounds awesome. I think DS could def use more detox other than Bentonite.

I read that Dr Horowitz in NY does all that. I looked him up and his reviews range from mostly really bad to iffy and very few good. I'm not sure I want to see him.

Any advise?

Thanks so much

Jodie

Jodie-

Can you tell me the brand and amount of milk thistle you use with your son? My daughter has elevated ALT & AST so I'm considering starting her on it. Thanks!

Jodie,

My two children were diagnosed with Lyme in mid August and immediately started an aggressive antibiotic protocol with Dr. Jones. I just found out two days ago that my lab work came back positive for Lyme. My husband and I are currently researching and debating whether to go with the Klinghardt protocol or the traditional antibiotic protocol. We live in Houston and there are no Lyme Doctors. I have found someone here, however, who has trained under Kinghardt and follows his protocol. I am truly concerned about the long term affects of these high dose antibiotics for both my children and for myself. I have been told it can be very damaging to the immune system - not what we want. If the Klinghardt approach has a good success rate, I may consider going that route.

Any advise?

Thanks so much

Jodie

Jodie-

Can you tell me the brand and amount of milk thistle you use with your son? My daughter has elevated ALT & AST so I'm considering starting her on it. Thanks!

I use Oregon's Wild Harvest alcohol free liquid milk thistle extract 1/2 ml once a day and will build it up to 1/2 ml 2X/day.

Ds had mild elevations in liver enzymes too and I am just too worried.

Im trying to get a hold of my son's hematologist to see how they manage chemotherapy and abx on their patients. They must have to have a protective protocol included. I will post once I know.

DS is on 2200mgs/day total of 3 different abx from Dr Jones. I am very confident in Dr Jones right now but also need to be careful of long term ramifications.

Jodie,

My two children were diagnosed with Lyme in mid August and immediately started an aggressive antibiotic protocol with Dr. Jones. I just found out two days ago that my lab work came back positive for Lyme. My husband and I are currently researching and debating whether to go with the Klinghardt protocol or the traditional antibiotic protocol. We live in Houston and there are no Lyme Doctors. I have found someone here, however, who has trained under Kinghardt and follows his protocol. I am truly concerned about the long term affects of these high dose antibiotics for both my children and for myself. I have been told it can be very damaging to the immune system - not what we want. If the Klinghardt approach has a good success rate, I may consider going that route.

I will be trying to reach Dr Klinghardt this week. I will post what he has to say if I get to him. I liked some of the stuff of his protocol. I mean the whole thing is just such a MASSIVE undertaking, I don't think I could take that on without Dr Klinghardt himself guiding me or someone very well recommended.

A lot of docs claim they follow his protocol but I don't know. I would like a word of mouth referral.

I did find an ART chiropractor in NJ who I will call today.

Will keep you all posted.

God help us all and our little ones. This is a scary journey. DS poor little guy was herxing all night- head jerks, muscle twitches and muscle spasms all night.....

• 5 months later...

We believe our 4 year old daughter has Lyme. We were doing hbot (hard chamber) for her autism and 3 dives in she started having a pretty severe flu. I waited and again on the 6th session she got a fever that resolved very quickly). Then on the 10th dive she got really sick (high fever, chills loss of appetite), which we are still battling now. We are stopping treatments b/c her body clearly needs more support before doing this treatment. But we don't have a confirmation that it is Lyme. Any help on where to start? I thank you in advance. So scared that we possibly have another huge layer to tear off this already gigantic onion! :(

There is a father of two autistic children who has recently discovered Lyme that reads and posts to this forum. He was given rather specific instructions regarding the hbot chamber use by his LLMD. His children are also co-infected with Babesia and I believe they were requested to stop treatments until the babesia infection is cleared. You might ping him via PM. His forum name is jjL. I am not sure how often he checks the forum.

Where do you live? If it is Lyme its very treatable. I also recommend you start ready some of Dr. Klinghardt stuff on Autism/Lyme http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/Protocols/Dr-Klinghardt-on-Autism.html

You can start with a detox program immediately regardless of Dr. and will help with symptoms when/if treated.

-Wendy

Edited by SF Mom

My Ds13 is seeing a doctor in Klinghardt's office. Every time we visit, there are car's from other states in the parking lot and sometimes people being dropped off from the airport so I feel very lucky to be there. There is a process to get in to see a doctor in the office (ex. call office mgr. back and discuss whether you are eating 'organic' and believe in natureopathic/-homeopathic options).

We are now using abx after treating without for 3 months. You can read my past threads to get treatment ideas, but really, every patient has different needs and the protocol is specific to that person. My son's protocol changes with every visit depending on his ART testing and his progress.

We were recommended by a previous dr. (PANDAS) to go to the best lyme doctor possible because my son had very little improvement with treatment. I am very glad that we were able to do that.

There is a doctor in Seattle that seems similar to Klinghardt and one I would consider. Will PM you an old list of recommended dr. from Klinghardt and the one from Seattle.

Best wishes for your child!

Edited by JuliaFaith

I posted this so long long ago and things have totally changed on my side.

but

Klinghardt sees very very few kids himself per se. There is a huuuuuuuuuuge waiting list. His England office is less busy but he told me that the Kirkland office has all the latest tools he uses.

They usually assign you one of his trained docs and not him unless they determine its necessary. Its hard enough to get in the center as is. Ron Abdullahi the office manager will call and schedule and its a couple months to speak to Ron even. Dr Kling trained docs have phenomenal reviews.

There are several Klinghardt certified practitioners around the country- just many don't advertise due to FDA issues.

Wendy- Dr Klinghardt has a new business manager. At the workshop, I literally stood up, took the mike and asked if anyone knew an ART practitioner in San Francisco area and there wasn't anyone. The closest was San Diego. I spoke to the business manager and she is compiling a list of national practitioners. I will let you know as soon as I know.

Edited by sptcmom