ACN Latitudes Forums

glasses and increased tics

kokopele

I am wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in eye/facial tics when their child is wearing glasses.

My 10 year daughter has mild tics on a daily basis but when she puts on her glasses which she needs for

distance although she likes to wear them more and more often because of the clarity - she has very strong

facial tics. If she is watching a screen they become even stronger and include head and neck movements.

She obviously needs her glasses (they have an anti-glare coating) more often than not and I don't know if maybe

a tinted lens would be better. I would appreciate hearing your experiences and/or suggestions.

Thanks for your reply. We do keep lights on when in front of a screen but it doesn't make much of a difference. The issue seems to be

100% the glasses. When she removes them her tics are basically reduced to the occasional eye squint. Really unsure of what to do at this point because she is adamant about

wearing them because she sees better. Have been to optometrist and her prescription has changed slightly so I think we will just purchase new glasses and see

if it makes the difference, perhaps like in the case of your son.