ACN Latitudes Forums

Aluminum

OK so my brain is working overtime, and everything I have recently learnt is coming together in one solid puzzle. Please comment on this.

There is no doubt that many of our children have extremely high strep levels and high strep antibodies. Obviously their bodies have a hard time getting rid of them despite the abx we are giving them.

I have studied the vaccine controversy in depth, and the one thing that keeps on jumping out to me, is using aluminum as an adjuvent. Aluminum are virtually in all vaccines, and they bind to the antigen, keeping them in the body, so that the body produces antibodies, and keep them there for a long long time. Aluminum does not leave the body on it own. It is also found in American Cheese, aluminum pans, deodorant, just to mention a few. My hypothesis is that perhaps the aluminum our children somehow were exposed to bound to the strep antigen and is just sticking around in their bodies?

And when the body has a chronic infection, is causes the brains immune system to turn on (microglial activation) and cause brain inflammation which causes all the other problems we see in our children.

Aluminum toxicity causes tics and immune dysfunction http://proliberty.com/observer/20080109.htm

Does anyone know of a serious way to get rid of this? I am looking into the mud baths now www.magneticclay.com

OK I will get off the soapbox now. Am I talking nonsense?????

I don't have a lot of knowledge about aluminum specifically. I went down the mercury path specifically and metals in general. But metals toxicity is can cause a number of neurological issues in its own right, let alone in combo with any other dysfunction like autpimmunity or chronic infection. It can also play a role in biofilms. It's one of those perfect storm things - overwhelm the immune system, introduce an infection, add some environmental issues like metals or mold, deprive the body of certain nutrients in the american diet, and you end up with a knotted ball of string that isn't fixed with a one-pronged approach. The longer you stay sick, the bore knotted the string gets.

I think it's certainly worth looking into. There are metals tests you can do (guess what - they are controversial - as is everything in the chronic infection universe!). You can use a chelator - DMSA, EDTA, DMPS - each have their own preferences for certain metals and there are several protocols you can consider. For some metals, you can also use various supplements that help the body naturally chelate. For example, zinc causes the body to naturally chelate copper because the two elements are somehow ying-yang, as are magnesium/calcium. Zinc also helps when you're chelating mercury because zinc (and B6 and other things) support chemical chain reactions in the body's detox pathway (the trans-sulfuration pathway). Supporting the liver (we use milk thistle but there are other things you can use) helps the body move the toxins out of the liver (think of the liver as a hepa filter) and into the bowels where they can be excreted. This isn't aluminum specific. But it's a good general health step everyone should take IMO.

If you aren't with a naturopath or DAN or LLMD or other integrative doctor, seeing one might help you devise a plan and run tests for your specific picture. But I don't think you're crazy at all. (Ha! Like that should make you feel better!)

Frustrating how we have to all figure this out for ourselves because the mainstream doesn't ascribe to the concepts. So great to have a forum with so many parents who think for themselves and are coming up with conclusions that are helping our children! Sometimes it's hard to think so much.

Edited by rowingmom

I believe NAC is another good one for aluminum.

By the way, the U.S. government is also purposely flying airplanes around dropping aluminum from the sky, putting it in the air you breathe and of course the soil and water. No official comment, but it seems some speculate it is an attempt to deflect some of the radiation and thereby slow down global warming. There are other speculations, too, of course.

By the way, the U.S. government is also purposely flying airplanes around dropping aluminum from the sky, putting it in the air you breathe and of course the soil and water. No official comment, but it seems some speculate it is an attempt to deflect some of the radiation and thereby slow down global warming. There are other speculations, too, of course.

WHAT?!!

bws,

This is older but it touches on what your talking about

http://www.vsan.org/rok-az/methylation/AutismAnswerUpdatedGutprotocol4.pdf

excerpt

Aside from the toxic effects of mercury on the body, aluminum and lead toxicity can cause toxicity in the body. Bacteria seem to be able to hold onto aluminum. Aluminum is known to inhibit glutamate dehydrogenase which is an enzyme that converts glutamate to alpha keto glutarate. In addition aluminum interferes with the production of BH4. Therefore the presence of aluminum may be affecting levels of serotonin as well as dopamine in the body and may be affecting BH4 levels regardless of whether there is an MTHFR A1298C mutation. Malic acid, EDTA and horsetail grass are all helpful in binding aluminum in the body. As chronic bacterial infection is addressed it should help to aid in aluminum excretion.

I was listening to this today. LLM, are you familar with BH4?

http://www.autismone.org/content/dr-amy-yasko-presents-assessment-metals-and-microbes-function-nutrigenomic-profiling-part-1-

Dr. Amy Yasko presents Assessment of Metals and Microbes as a Function of Nutrigenomic Profiling Part 1 of 2

In a different direction, I thought this info on Hilary's site regarding the sad passing of this young adult was astounding in terms of the aluminum that was found in the brain tissue that these parents managed to get to Dr. Chris Shaw in Canada. You can read the report, it's clickable in the 2nd link. When you read the circumstances surrounding the original autopsy, the fact that permission was sought to destroy the samples etc. it just seems impossible that we are talking about the protection and well being of humans.

http://offtheradar.co.nz/vaccines/106-hilary-butlers-letter-to-medsafe.html

HILARY BUTLER'S LETTER TO MEDSAFE

http://www.beyondconformity.co.nz/_blog/Hilary's_Desk/post/Did_Gardasil_kill_Jasmine/

Did Gardasil kill Jasmine?

Christopher Shaw was discussed on another thread...

http://vaccinexchange.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/tomljenovic_shaw-cmc-published2.pdf

Aluminum Vaccine Adjuvants: Are they Safe?

L. Tomljenovic*,1 and C.A. Shaw2

Finally, the neuropathological findings

by Zinka et al. [98] are consistent with neurotoxic properties of

aluminum adjuvants. For example, as shown by our group as well

others, aluminum is a BBB neurotoxin [54, 99] that has a

propensity to activate brain microglia and increase the production

of inflammatory cytokines thereby instigating and/or exacerbating

inflammation and excitotoxicity in the brain [31, 43, 44, 100-104].

Here is another suspected Gardisil injury story. The video is heartbreaking (scroll toward the bottom of the article) but I think families are willing to share these stories to encourage ANSWERS being found. We will never be able to make rational choices regarding vaccination, if we can't even get to square ONE of figuring out who may be harmed and who may benefit.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/janak/110917

http://www.koat.com/r/23190530/detail.html

http://www.koat.com/r/24432420/detail.html

Alexis Wolf

As usual LLM stated it very well~

I don't have a lot of knowledge about aluminum specifically. I went down the mercury path specifically and metals in general. But metals toxicity is can cause a number of neurological issues in its own right, let alone in combo with any other dysfunction like autpimmunity or chronic infection. It can also play a role in biofilms. It's one of those perfect storm things - overwhelm the immune system, introduce an infection, add some environmental issues like metals or mold, deprive the body of certain nutrients in the american diet, and you end up with a knotted ball of string that isn't fixed with a one-pronged approach. The longer you stay sick, the bore knotted the string gets.

Thanks for all the links - I have some reading ahead of me. I'm a little familiar with BH4 from Yasko's videos - great find on the autismOne link - looks like this is the same presentation on Yasko's DVD, in which case I highly recommend it to everyone reading this thread. Not everything Yasko says is validated/peer reviewed through research but she has some tantalizing theories and I think some have been good things for my kids.

I assume from the Shaw paper that aluminum is also in allergy shots, since the goal is to provoke an immune response. I also assume something nasty is in the serums as a preservative - if not themirosal, then an equally suspect additive. It was only after my DD had rec'd 18 months of shots that I became aware of what I might be putting into her body and we stopped the shots this winter. There has got to be a better way to control histamine than injecting her with an adjuvant that has "pervasive uncertainty" around it's safety.

Does anyone know what adjuvant or preservative is used in allergy shots? Not that I can do anything about it now, but curious.

I've considered TMG/betaine for her digestive issues but haven't pursued. Anyone have experiences to share?

WHAT?!!

Here is a link to a youtube on this topic. It is tediously long, but you don't have to watch the whole thing to get the idea.

Thanks for all the links - I have some reading ahead of me. I'm a little familiar with BH4 from Yasko's videos - great find on the autismOne link - looks like this is the same presentation on Yasko's DVD, in which case I highly recommend it to everyone reading this thread. Not everything Yasko says is validated/peer reviewed through research but she has some tantalizing theories and I think some have been good things for my kids.

I assume from the Shaw paper that aluminum is also in allergy shots, since the goal is to provoke an immune response. I also assume something nasty is in the serums as a preservative - if not themirosal, then an equally suspect additive. It was only after my DD had rec'd 18 months of shots that I became aware of what I might be putting into her body and we stopped the shots this winter. There has got to be a better way to control histamine than injecting her with an adjuvant that has "pervasive uncertainty" around it's safety.

Does anyone know what adjuvant or preservative is used in allergy shots? Not that I can do anything about it now, but curious.

I've considered TMG/betaine for her digestive issues but haven't pursued. Anyone have experiences to share?

I don't have experience, but Dr. Doris Rapp is doing allergy extract shots. It is supposed to work well. Check into Practical Allergy Research Foundation.

LLM- Thank you for alerting me to the possibility that aluminum is in allergy shots. I was considering it for DS from the allergist. We saw a biomedical dr yesterday that told me allergy shots are a possibility once we get the food allergy testing back. I will ask him about aluminum before I embark on that road. I'd be surprised if the shots he is suggesting would have aluminum in them. He is not a fan of vax's.

LLM- Thank you for alerting me to the possibility that aluminum is in allergy shots. I was considering it for DS from the allergist. We saw a biomedical dr yesterday that told me allergy shots are a possibility once we get the food allergy testing back. I will ask him about aluminum before I embark on that road. I'd be surprised if the shots he is suggesting would have aluminum in them. He is not a fan of vax's.

It's only a suspicion on my part. I don't know what's in the stuff. If you find out they're generally "safe" please let me know - it will remove some guilt.

I assume from the Shaw paper that aluminum is also in allergy shots, since the goal is to provoke an immune response

Boy, finding info on allergy shots isn't easy! LLM, I'm not sure what part of the Shaw paper you were looking at, but I didn't think alum in an allergy shots would make any sense. Remember, bacteria that coat themselves in polysaccharides do it to escape immune dectection because these sugars are endogenous to "self." They are capable of changing up too, when our bodies learn to detect them. When antigen is absorbed on alum, it provokes an immune response with the help of an inflammatory pathway (this is my take on it currently and remember, no medical background here). In an allergy situation, inflammation and antibody memory or recall is the last thing that you would want. I think the idea is more that you present the antigen in small doses so the body get used to seeing it, and doesn't react.

The only thing that I really came up with in regards to additives was human serum albumin as a stabilizer, and phenol as an antimicrobial from this article.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2004/0815/p689.html

I couldn't find a package insert for anything.

I'll leave a few things that I quickly looked up on albumin and phenol. The 3rd one down is really interesting if you think phenol or sulfur pathways are a problem for your child.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenol

Phenol was first extracted from coal tar, and its major uses involve its conversion to plastics or related materials. Phenols are key for building polycarbonates, epoxies, Bakelite, nylon, detergents and a large collection of drugs, herbicides and pharmaceuticals

http://www.danasview.net/phenol.htm

http://www.newtreatments.org/ga.php?linkid=252

phenol-sulphotransferase

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_serum_albumin

Human serum albumin is the most abundant protein in human blood plasma. It is produced in the liver. Albumin constitutes about half of the blood serum protein. It is soluble and monomeric.

Albumin transports hormones, fatty acids, and other compounds, buffers pH, and maintains osmotic pressure, among other functions.

http://www.worldallergy.org/professional/allergic_diseases_center/ige/

IgE in Clinical Allergy and Allergy Diagnosis