ACN Latitudes Forums

Tics getting worse...advice.

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting and looking for help (we have a follow-up visit with Dr. L in D.C. on Thursday as well). My son was diagnosed with PANDAS about 6 weeks ago and has steadily been getting worse. Up until a couple of days ago his tics haven't bothered him...stuff with his eyes and touching his feet (that one probably OCD). But this weekend he started head bobbing and it's really messing with his equilibrium...making him tired and dizzy.

He started on Amoxicillin, then moved to Zithromax and has now been on Clindamycin for 5 weeks.

Has anyone dealt with a tic like this? Or seen your child get worse on antibiotics? I'm freaking out.

Thanks of any insight.

• 2 weeks later...

In our experience antibiotics were a double edged sword. They would reduce some of the PANDAS symptoms but in the same time cause other damage. My child developed significant gut issues, she felt tired and irritable all the time. Every time she stopped taking the antibiotics her stomach would feel better but the OCD symptoms would come back. It was such a vicious cycle. Finally we were able to break the cycle by healing her gut with raw milk kefir. She also started taking thyroid medication(Armour) which made a huge difference.

• 4 weeks later...