ACN Latitudes Forums

Lemon Balm tea and Jasmine Oil help calm OCD

Chemar

as my son gets older (he will be 21 at the end of this year!) he is trying to get most of his nutritional needs met by food and to take only minimal capsule/tablet type supps

recently he found some research on lemon balm (melissa/mint family) as a tea and the aroma therapeutic benefit of jasmine oil

he is very impressed with both.

just thought others may be interested

he uses the Celebrations Herbal lemon balm tea and the NOW pure jasmine oil (he also has the lavender oil which is very soothing, but smelling the jasmine has a very definitive +ve effect on mood/ OCD/anxiety, and the effect of the lemon balm tea is remarkable!

I need to update the Treatments thread in my signature as he is now getting so much from his food & teas and taking very few supps!

as my son gets older (he will be 21 at the end of this year!) he is trying to get most of his nutritional needs met by food and to take only minimal capsule/tablet type supps

recently he found some research on lemon balm (melissa/mint family) as a tea and the aroma therapeutic benefit of jasmine oil

he uses the Celebrations Herbal lemon balm tea and the NOW pure jasmine oil (he also has the lavender oil which is very soothing, but smelling the jasmine has a very definitive +ve effect on mood/ OCD/anxiety, and the effect of the lemon balm tea is remarkable!

I need to update the Treatments thread in my signature as he is now getting so much from his food & teas and taking very few supps!

Silly question Chemar...but does he use the oil in a diffuser? I think i'll try some for myself!

no, altho he does put a drop into his therapeutic water fountain, so it does "diffuse" into the air that way :) and also when he takes an epsom bath

he has been putting a drop of the oil on his wrist and then rubs the two wrists together and just takes a whiff of it when he needs to

sometimes he puts a drop of lavender on one wrist and drop of jasmine on the other

the jasmine is very strong so really all he does is touch his wrist to the bottle cap (it has a mini dauber) and that is more than enough!

no, altho he does put a drop into his therapeutic water fountain, so it does "diffuse" into the air that way :) and also when he takes an epsom bath

he has been putting a drop of the oil on his wrist and then rubs the two wrists together and just takes a whiff of it when he needs to

sometimes he puts a drop of lavender on one wrist and drop of jasmine on the other

the jasmine is very strong so really all he does is touch his wrist to the bottle cap (it has a mini dauber) and that is more than enough!

Sounds Wonderful...where can I buy it? Thanks!

there are a number of companies that make the oils but we like NOW, available at iHerb and many health stores

the jasmine sells out quickly tho. I think that research article that was recently published has peaked interest in it

I just wanted to add that we've been using essential oils for many things in our home. Mostly to fight colds and flus but also for attention issues. My son finds vetiver very helpful in improving his attention to school work. We diffuse lavender quite a bit in our home! Also, if I need a lift I diffuse orange or grapefruit oils. I also have used clove oil for toothaches and gum pain, numbs them right up!

If you want any more information on using essential oils, please let me know. I'm so glad Chemar posted about the jasmine because I haven't gotten around to adding it to our repertoire. Some of the oils I buy from Iherb(the Now brand) but I also visit a website called Birchhill Happenings. They are very knowledgeable about oils and they sell all the glass jars, glass stir sticks, scent pads, etc that I use so I frequent their website, as well. I've even gotten my dh to use them, too! He's always a pretty hard sell, LOL!

Bonnie

Thanks for the update..

i think all the little parts add up!!!

can you tell or pm me the brand you use from iherb with the dispenser on it

get most of my stuff from iherb..found a local place in roswel that is fairly close, has a ton of stuff and almost as cheep as iherb if i feel i cant wait on delivery!!!

the Lemon Balm has a sedative effect so he takes it at night about an hour before bed (it is a member of the mint family)

he drinks pure rose hips tea in the morning.

and a blend of chamomille, ginger and peppermint after lunch and dinner

amazing the amount of vitamins and minerals in these teas too!

the celebration Herbals and Alvita are excellent brands for pure organic herbs for tea, but one can also buy it in bulk from farms like Mountain Rose Herbs in Oregon, or grow one's own and dry it!

the Lemon Balm has a sedative effect so he takes it at night about an hour before bed (it is a member of the mint family)

he drinks pure rose hips tea in the morning.

and a blend of chamomille, ginger and peppermint after lunch and dinner

amazing the amount of vitamins and minerals in these teas too!

the celebration Herbals and Alvita are excellent brands for pure organic herbs for tea, but one can also buy it in bulk from farms like Mountain Rose Herbs in Oregon, or grow one's own and dry it!

Does the Lemon Balm tea taste lemony or minty? Is it caffeine free? Do you think it's ok for a 9yr old? Thanks!

there is no caffeine in lemon balm or any of the mint family

it has a delicious lemony flavor with a hint of mint

I honestly cannot comment re being ok for a child but have not seen anything warning not to use it for children

there is no caffeine in lemon balm or any of the mint family

it has a delicious lemony flavor with a hint of mint

I honestly cannot comment re being ok for a child but have not seen anything warning not to use it for children

I think I'll make a pot for the both of us :) I'm looking for something to help wind my daughter down before bedtime. I used the melatonin but I think it increases her nightime awakenings and gives her nightmares... even at a small dose. Thank you!

Chemar,

Well Jasmine oil must cost a lot, I was in 2 health food stores in my area any both do not carry it.

Do you delute it with something before putting on your skin? I see your post says pure jasmine oil, I do not want to get anything that may say jasmine essential oil, but have systhetic fregrant components to it if I can't fine the NOW brand.

CP