ACN Latitudes Forums

Well we have a fun new tic

Ugh. Need to vent. DS' new tic these past three days is screaming at the top of his lungs. Makes driving with him a rather harrowing experience. I'm hoping this doesn't last long. I thought the loud whistling was bad but I'll take whistling any day over this.

Yes, I have him on herbal antimicrobials and he seems to be very sensitive. Herxed at the end of May, I believe. I backed off on them but I was increasing drop by drop again. Guess we hit the threshold so he is off them completely while we start abx again. It's such a fine balance to maintain. :unsure:

Herbal antimicrobials can be as effective as pharmaceuticals.

DD had a babesia herx with a combination cryptolepis/sida/alchornea (CSA) tincture that didn't show up when she was taking malarone/azith/mino/plaquinel/tindamax. After backing down on CSA we have been able to stabilize symptoms while still giving enough herb to effectively treat the infection.

When you reach a good place with herbal dosages you need to stay there for 3 months or so to decrease infection load before trying to increase dosage again. Low dosages over extended periods can be helpful. Herxing is not necessary.

DD's ticcing resulted from 2 things: bart die-off and yeast infection/mold exposure. She doesn't tic with babesia die-off, which I found interesting. Make sure yeast is under control and there hasn't been mold exposure. We had to go back to supplementing with the high dosages of probiotics we originally used with abx. Herbs are very antimicrobial.

I hope the tics are declining. Keep up the lemon water/stevia, magnesium and Epsom salt baths. When DD had a ticcing flare from grapefruitseed extract meriva curcumin helped where other anti-inflammatories didn't. At least it's summer and he's not in school, poor dear.

Since we started augmentin 2 days ago, I totally stopped all the herbal antimicrobials. Our ND recommended going slow on the abx as well; we're ramping up very slowly. The prescription is for 1250 mg a day, and we've started at 375 mg (125mg 3x a day) and I'm increasing by 125mg per day. I hope I'm doing the right thing. :unsure: