ACN Latitudes Forums

Bartonella child is two steps forward one step back!

HopeinHIM

Hi,

My DS is 10 and first diagnosed with PANDAS but dr B now treating for Bartonella. He reacted immediately to meds. It was a miracle. Now we started to also go to an ND bc I would like to have some help w detox and cyst busters. Too much out there for me to tackle alone. Dr Tom Moorescroft put child on Artimisinine. As I increase slowly I started seeing Lymey symptoms come back. I don't know if its just the anti B's or the herb but its stinks. Today home and crying. Sooo tired and emotional. If you asked me last week I would say I felt we were almost free from this horrible infection. Aside from his cognitive skills way lagging, all other symptoms left for several weeks!! Is this what to expect? Should we slow down on all stuff for a few days and then move forward. Doc say try and push thru or go with your gut. My gut is in knots!!

I would decrease artemesia to a very low dose (to a point where herxing stops) and hold there for at least a couple of weeks. This will decrease bacterial load to a point where your DS will be able to handle another small incremental increase in dosage. Do not rush. Bartonella die-off can produce significant psychological symptoms:

http://www.onehealthinitiative.com/publications/Breitschwerdt%20J%20Neuroparasitol%20Review%202012.pdf

Stephen Buhner uses artemesia/artemisinin for protozoan infections. If your son is having herx reactions to this herb, you might consider the presence of babesia as well. Please take a look at Buhner's website on the use of this herb. He recommends it for short term use only.

We thought we were only dealing with bartonella as well, but we didn't see the great leap in cognitive/executive function improvement that DD is now maintaining until we treated for protozoa. We saw the first improvements with malarone, but because DD had tested negative for both babesias, neither the LLMD or myself thought she had it.

We saw babesia herxes (sighing, dry cough, chest pressure, air hunger) with higher doses of CSA (cryptolepis/sida/alchornea), so the LLMD revised her diagnosis to include babesia-like-organisms along with the previous bartonella and IND lyme diagnosis.

Edited by rowingmom