ACN Latitudes Forums

TIC TRIGGERS

abbe

Hey all,

So as I have stated and been posting lately I am new to this board but 4 years over on the tic board. I am just wrapping my head around the fact that my son may have Pandas due to the Myco. infection. We just took blood yesterday but Myco. has showed up on bloodwork from last week. My son has EVERY symptom except OCD. But when I say every symptom the white paper sounded like it was written for him. Here is my question . Do you (Pandas parents) find some things trigger your childs tics like allergies, chlorine, lights, video games??? I am asking because I know when Nick is in tic mode certain things really effect his tics and I was wondering does this NOT happen in Pandas kids????

My older son ds9 primarily a ticcer does have triggers making tics worse like video games for sure, they are banned when in a flare, fantasy tv, yes to chlorine, artificial colors, allergies, stress, etc. But and this is a big but... he is now in remission with PennVK only 7 weeks (very hopeful and excited) and he is playing video games, eating what he wants, staying up late on weekends, etc. and no tics. So although those things are not causing the tics when in excaberation but they contribute to making matters worse.

My older son ds9 primarily a ticcer does have triggers making tics worse like video games for sure, they are banned when in a flare, fantasy tv, yes to chlorine, artificial colors, allergies, stress, etc. But and this is a big but... he is now in remission with PennVK only 7 weeks (very hopeful and excited) and he is playing video games, eating what he wants, staying up late on weekends, etc. and no tics. So although those things are not causing the tics when in excaberation but they contribute to making matters worse.

when ds not in excab...nothing makes him tic....

when in excab the above items do intensify them

I am a mom of ticcers only...for any doctors who might possibly remain open minded to the tic only children.

Edited by Fixit