ACN Latitudes Forums

Reflexology

Ronnas

Ronna

i dont know about reflexology and allergy testing but I do know that my son's tics and OCDs and detox and everything were immensely helped by the procedure.
Our accupuncturist does reflexology during the accupuncture session so perhaps it was the combination of both. But my son absolutely loves the reflexology and is definitely generally healthier and specifically tic reduced after it.
smile.gif

ps it is so good to have you back, Ronna.

Ronnas,

I am not totally up on this type of allergy testing and reflexology but I have read snipits of it here and there and some people swear by this type of treatment. It sounds like the arm resistence procedure is similar to the NAET treatment which a few parents on the Feingold site have written about. One person on the Feingold board came on to say good bye and that they would not be posting anymore since their child had been cured by using NAET. Anyway, as I say, I haven't had experience with it so can't claim success but have talked to others who have.

BTW, my son's tics are virtually gone right now with the help of B6, Zinc and a Cal/Mag combo. We are still treating yeast and metals on an ongoing basis and I feel this imbalance will take a long time to correct. However, I am convinced that the B6 and Magnesium are what is doing it right now since there were 2 periods that we slacked off (once with B6 and once with Magnesium) and the tics were creeping back again. As soon as I got back on track with the supplements, the tics were gone. He is watching TV regularly and tolerating foods that were once major triggers.

Heather

Hi Heather,

So glad to hear your son is doing so well. My son has also come so far. It's been the combination of so many things. Although he is back on antibiotics I think this is just a small part of it. I am going to focus on treating yeast again. I really think most of our son's symptoms stem from the stomach...overgrowth of strep and yeast, leaky gut etc.

I am going to add reflexology on a regular basis. He loved it. Well the allergy part was just a bit too much. I have done the food elimination diet and will rely on my own findings. I just don't find that wheat/gluten is a problem. I have never noticed him react adversley to it. If anyone even sneaks him milk I notice RIGHT AWAY.

Take Care,

Ronna

Doris Rapp discusses this type of technique in her second book (energy treatment for allergies and pushing the arm down..). She says she doesn't understand it, but it seems to have a good effectiveness.

My son won't try these things...so I can't comment on personal experience.

I agree with you both that the yeast thing is ongoing!

Claire

• 12 years later...

I am not a reflexologist, but for years, I have rubbed my son's feet when his tics are elevated and it always calms him. His tics can be totally crazy and as soon as I start, he is completely still. We have also tried acupuncture which has been helpful. He hates being on medication so we are all about supplements and natural therapies.