ACN Latitudes Forums

4 year old with rash and tics

Yoda

Hi there. I'm hoping someone here can help guide me. My 4 year old daughter got a diaper rash that quickly spread and looked very irritated. I took her to the pediatrician on 1/2/15 and the doctor told me it looked like strep and she prescribed a topical antibiotic. On 1/8/15 my daughter still had the rash, but it was fading and she started having this head turning tic. Her head would always turn far left and then back center. It happens mostly when she's watching tv or sitting down eating. I took her back to the pediatrician on 1/9/15 and the doctor told me just ignore the tic and it will go away. She also gave me a refill of the antibiotic for the rash. On 1/17/15 I took my daughter to a different pediatrician and he said the rash looked like an allergic reaction and yeast. He prescribed a topical steroid. I asked him about the tic and if this could be pandas and he said no. She doesn't have any other symptoms. My daughter still has the rash. It's faded a lot, but it's still there. Her head turning tic has calmed down, but now she has two more tics that started this week. She wears glasses and she takes them off and on uncontrollably. She has never done this before and is very good with her glasses. Another new tic is wiping her hair back over her ear. This is all new and I can't help but feel like it's somehow related to this rash. I'm 4 days into a gluten free diet and we've completely eliminated screen time. I feel like doctors just dismiss me by telling me to ignore it. Thanks for reading this and I appreciate any advice. I'm in south florida if anyone can suggest any doctors that might be able to help me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Yoda, welcome to the forum. I agree with what Chemar said - it's better to post on the PANDAS section of the forum if it's at all a PANDAS-related query, simply because that section is much busier; a lot of members don't even seem to notice new posts on the others for some reason, so you have a much better chance of getting a reply there.