ACN Latitudes Forums

Question- sudden body odor?

As of a few weeks ago, my 9yr old PANS dd suddenly has body odor. I guess at the time that i noticed it I kind of chalked it up to growing up, thinking that its really early for that but that it just must be normal. Then I just started thinking.... Duh! This could be indicating a problem and a pans mom should know better!! :( my dd has never had body odor and is nowhere near puberty.... In fact, she would do hours of dance classes and gymnastics, not shower for days and still not smell. Now all of a sudden, body odor? She is flairing a bit now also-- seems to be struggling with a cold/allergies.

Anyone else have this happen? I did a quick search and saw some info re: metabolic issues and also heavy metal issues?

Edited by beerae22

Can you describe the odor? I have heard yeast has one odor and other issues other odors. Is it all over, or stronger in one area? I know staph can have an odor as well. Any new meds/herbs/foods introduced lately? Any rash anywhere or unexplained itching?

Look over some of these links and see if they help any:

Infection body odors:

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&site=&source=hp&q=body+odor+related+to+infection&oq=body+odor+related+to+infection&gs_l=hp.3..33i21.1044.6617.0.6872.33.25.1.7.7.0.198.2766.0j19.19.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..9.24.2344.0.8VJ6R5e0KAU

Medication Body odors:

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&q=body+odor+related+to+medication&oq=body+odor+related+to+medication&gs_l=serp.3..0i22i30.40703.42491.0.43075.12.11.1.0.0.0.299.1556.0j4j4.8.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..3.9.1560.cLERvxSMDhQ

Edited by mayzoo

I had the same thing happen here. It was awful and she was never a stinky child. I thought it may have been the milk thistle, zinc or magnesium causing it. She is not on either of them right now and odor went away but I am not sure which was causing it. Hope this helps.

I had that a while ago, no apparent reason (just standard sweaty smelling, not fruity or any of the odd ones mentioned in the list). Homoeopath though it might be to do with liver being under strain - stuff not being processed as completely so some of it was coming out in sweat - I don't know if this actually makes medical sense or not. He gave me Nux Vomica 6c to take every evening and it went right away. Almost only thing he's done that unequivocally worked!