ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS doctors in the UK?

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience with doctors treating PANDAS/PANS in the UK?

I've seen the name Dr Hugh Richards mentioned in Birmingham and was wondering if anyone had seen him or any others that had been of any use. North West of England in particular but anywhere, really.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, been away on holiday and only just seen this. As luck would have it, I'm in the North West of England and I've been to a PANDAS doctor! Dr. Daniel Goyal, clinics in London, Scotland and Manchester, when I last heard. Does "environmental medicine" and nutritional stuff as well as PANDAS.

Sorry to say I didn't see any benefit, despite trying all the usual antibiotics (it didn't help that we never managed to have any tests done due to needle phobia), so couldn't speak for how good he is. Can only say very nice chap to talk to, and fully understands how to handle an awkward Asperger's/OCD patient - managed a long appointment with me without setting off any kind of an OCD crisis, which was not an easy feat at the time! However, when I did a Web search just now, it seems as if his old clinic, Sincere Health, has closed down. I'll try and e-mail him and see what's happening.

Got reply: "Sorry don't know of anyone", so presumably he's not still practising.

Just been looking at an old diary and it turns out we found him by e-mailing Suzanne Ayres who runs a PANDAS support group (Oxford area, I think). You might try that. (can find e-mail address by web search quite easy.)