ACN Latitudes Forums

Long term ibuprophin use in kids

Wondering how long I can safely keep my DD age 11 65lbs on ibuprophen? She's been on it for about two years now twice daily 200 mg. If I try to wean her symptoms return quickly. She's done really well for a couple months now. Last night I tried skipping the eve dose and it took her forever to get to sleep, she wet the bed, and woke up very irritable, low energy, complaining about dirt and bugs when we went to the park (way overly so for circumstances bordering her ocd symptoms in a flare). When I ask her PANDAS doctor I don't feel like I get a good explanation other then yes ibuprofen works but wean her as soon as possible. I'm worried about the long term effects, bleeding, liver damage, but she has to be functional.

Have you tried any natural anti-inflammatories, such as curcumin or resveratrol? (in my personal estimation, a capsule of Jarrow Meriva curcumin would probably be comparable to 200 mg ibuprofen in anti-inflammatory effect.)

It sound like something is still wonky with the immune system and/or there is infection present if symptoms return when you don't give the ibuprofen.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we're tried some homeopathic/naturals with some success. Tried curcumin c3 but that didn't work. Her immune system is hyperactive but really just expresses with any inflammation whether it be bug bites, allergies, or bacteria/virus. Nothing remotely as effective as ibuprophin.