ACN Latitudes Forums

Cold laser therapy

I'm learning about this after reading about a success story on one of my many Facebook PANDAS groups, and went searching for information. There are others that have been helped by it, although I'm still trying to understand it. My ND's office has a chiropractor who uses it for Lyme patients, but he is not that familiar with PANS. I know it reduces inflammation and increases blood flow and helps facilitate healing, but does it kill bacteria? I don't know whether or not to try it. Has anyone had any experience with this?

The treatment you are referring to is pretty alternative, and wouldn't be on my radar except for the fact that many who try years of abx treatment finally find healing with the more alternative protocols (ie herbal :) ).

I have purchased a near-infrared sauna for DD (the wavelengths are similar to those used in cold laser therapy) because of the NASA research concluding that these wavelengths are beneficial to mitochondrial function. We will start using it this winter as DD is now well into puberty and can now probably handle the increased body temperatures.

Often the cold laser protocols use homeopathic remedies as well, transferring the energy imprint from the remedy directly into the bloodstream, travelling on the wavelength of the laser. Not sure I can wrap my head around that one, but a positive response would be interesting.

Could you message me with the name/address of your chiropractor? I would be interested in following up with him/her.

I have had cold laser done several times by my Chiropractor when I have problems with my neck from Radiculopathy pain from bad discs in my neck. It works great for that...yes, the premise of the effects is that it increases blood flow to an area to create healing. I do not believe it can "kill" bacteria but by increasing blood flow it could create conditions that would allow body to eradiacate or fight bacteria(?).

I am a firm believer in cold laser for my neck when I have issues. Decreases raducular pain in a snap. Love it for that.

rowingmom, I'll be talking to the chiro in the near future, but I'm not sure how experienced he is with treating Lyme patients. I think he has done it for Lyme patients with joint pain, etc., but not PANDAS/PANS kids. I'll let you know what he says. :)

911rn, I totally believe that it can reduce pain and inflammation! I'm just wondering how some people can have such a reduction of symptoms using the laser.

Something to explore....

rowingmom, I'll be talking to the chiro in the near future, but I'm not sure how experienced he is with treating Lyme patients. I think he has done it for Lyme patients with joint pain, etc., but not PANDAS/PANS kids. I'll let you know what he says. :)

911rn, I totally believe that it can reduce pain and inflammation! I'm just wondering how some people can have such a reduction of symptoms using the laser.

Something to explore....

I don't know exactly how it works-- the impulses increase blood flow to the area, healing occurs.Inflammation decreases and the pain goes away. I have had intermittent issues with my neck over the last 6 years. Have had to go to Chiro 3 times in that time period for anywhere from 6-12 treatments depending on the episode. The first time he did not offer cold laser and it took the longest to improve. The next 2 times he used cold laser starting with about the 3rd chiro treatment. I get expotentially better after he starts using the cold laser. I'm convinced he doesn't start it sooner as it would mean less visits...wink, wink.

Actually, he is very reputable and trustworthy. I love my Chiro. I'm just not certain why he doesn't use it from the get go. Always seems to wait until the 3rd visit. Not sure how it works...just know that it does!! There is nothing worse than radicular pain from neck that gets into my deltoid all the way to fingers. Feels like someone is driving a hot poker into my deltoid and twisting it. Not much relief from Motrin when this happens and I am not much on pain medications with having to work etc. I'm from the Church of What Works ;) At this point, I dont have to understand it as long as it is not invasive, harmful and it works!