ACN Latitudes Forums

Help for my 3yr old

sam268

I just wanted to jump on the band wagon for a minute about the doctors and such. It's a personal soap box of mine. Sarah, I love it that you were able to actually give a "nonbeliever" proof. What a validating moment that must have been. I always felt like I had to be so careful not to get too defensive too soon when they started with the condescending comments, because I knew they would just wright us off as being "crazy parents". Of course, it didn't really matter, they did that in the end anyway. You get to where you know within the first few minutes of the visit how it will end up. Several times I just wanted to get up and walk out after the first few questions. You can tell the ones that are closed minded. But, oh, how wonderful it was to first speak to a knowledgable professional about your child who takes it all seriously and understands your struggles. I only pray that there are more doctors like that to be found for everyone's sake. And I agree, we should all be warriors for our children!

Dedee