ACN Latitudes Forums

Tourettic OCD

kc35

My DD6 has these feelings to touch things in a certain until they feel right. For example touching the edges of the book pages or lifting a chair leg a few times etc. She gets upset if she doesn't touch things in the right way. I've noticed a lot more of this type of behavior lately, perhaps she was doing it before but I never noticed. Now she tells me she has these feelings or urges to touch things in a certain way. Is this Tourettic OCD? Is it also helped by CBT just like regular OCD? Do you any of you have any insight into this?

I am still in the process of determining whether my DD has tics/OCD caused by infections (PANDAS/PANS). My DD hasn't even been diagnosed with anything yet since we don't have an appt to the neurologist until early Dec. Thank you.

Hi

Tourettic OCD is unique to people with Tourette Syndrome and involves tics and OCD behaviors "morphing" into each other ie a tic starts being done obsessively/compulsively or an OCD symptom becomes a tic...ie tourettic OCD involves tics and OCD interactions

Doing things "just right" seems to often accompany OCD (whether "classic" OCD or Tourettic,) so that in itself does not define Tourettic OCD.

And yes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can help with this.