ACN Latitudes Forums

abx and probiotics

eljay1

My son was just switched from zithro to Augmentin (600mg 2x a day). We already take some Kirkman's Lacto Duo and also some saccharomyde bou. What are some other good probiotics and the dosages used? He has been treated for yeast in the past, and we also use GSE drops. I am seeing some great gains already with the Augmentin, but I worry about his tummy. Any thoughts??

Sounds like what you're doing it spot on. Gse helps with yeast and then probiotics to replenish. I would like to ask what, more regarding the tics, gains you've seen. I am not that happy with zith right now. I've even added omnicef, only one week for that. But we're stuck here and now not sure whether the high augmentin xr is better. Thanks, kathy

Sounds like what you're doing it spot on. Gse helps with yeast and then probiotics to replenish. I would like to ask what, more regarding the tics, gains you've seen. I am not that happy with zith right now. I've even added omnicef, only one week for that. But we're stuck here and now not sure whether the high augmentin xr is better. Thanks, kathy

It's only been 2 1/2 days, so it is VERY early for me to even post any gains. But I am feeling really positive about the switch from zith to Augmentin so far. We are supposed to start a steroid taper as well, but I am waiting to see what happens with the abx first. His tics and OCD have been very constant for about a year. We tried lots of natural/dietary solutions first, and saw a small amount of improvement in OCD and tics. My son has lots of food intolerances and these have only gotten worse (we'll see if the steroids help--he gets congested from foods). Anyway, in the last couple of days, his tics have slowed considerably (a constant vocal tic has dropped), and his finger movements have dropped. Really, I am only hearing throat-clearing--that's it for the tics. I will keep posting as I see improvements/decline, though. Hope this helps. (Oh, and the reason for the switch in abx is partly due to the doc thinking the infection is lingering in the sinuses. I think he is right.)